The Student Room Group

Is A Level as difficult as all my teachers say?

After the first few days back in school, returning as a Y13 pupil, I've seen a common trend among my teachers basically telling me that A levels are hell on earth, you'll have many mental break downs before you complete them and that they are significantly harder than GCSEs. So my question is, is it true? Is there any exaggeration? And if it is true, any tips for a new Year 13 pupil? I'm doing the CCEA exam board BTW.
Hi, I’m not going to lie to you- A levels are hard.
You shouldn’t get worried about them because honestly- there’s no point, it won’t change anything. I don’t think they are unbearable or anything but they are not, ‘hell on Earth.’ What a levels are you taking?

I have found my a levels at times challenging, and you have to learn new skills and techniques and in my opinion there is a lot of content to learn, but I can guarantee you will prefer a levels to gcse’s because you will actually be studying things you care about and you’re more likely to put more effort into things you like :smile:
Original post by frawding
After the first few days back in school, returning as a Y13 pupil, I've seen a common trend among my teachers basically telling me that A levels are hell on earth, you'll have many mental break downs before you complete them and that they are significantly harder than GCSEs. So my question is, is it true? Is there any exaggeration? And if it is true, any tips for a new Year 13 pupil? I'm doing the CCEA exam board BTW.

Everyone told me that A-Levels were hell on the first week. Only reason people find it hard is because they are so used to the style of GCSE's and the amount of workload for one subject. If you go into A-Levels with the intention that you know its going to be difficult then you end up coping with it. Don't listen to the people that exaggerate A-Levels, in my experience I actually enjoyed it, not saying it wasn't easy and there definitely was a lot of stress and hard work that I had to go through but it is possible to achieve the grades you wish.

Quick Reply

Latest