Would taking Psychology put me at an advantage for SLT course?

Watch
_chlo01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi ,

I have just completed my second year of college and will be going into my third year this week. I am going to be studying AS-Level Graphic Design & Illustration, Psychology and also a level 3 award in Journalism. However, I am unsure about studying Psychology since I only have an interest in some of its topics.

The reason I want to study Psychology is because I want to purse a career in Speech and Language Therapy. I have looked at all of the universities which offer the course but the one I preferably want to study at is Reading. However, Reading's entry requirements for its SLT course is AAA-AAB (A-levels) and I have achieved A (English Language & Literature), B (Fine Art) and B (Photography); additionally I have a C for AS-Level Creative Writing.

Adding to my problem, I know most SLT courses preferably want you to have taken a modern foreign language or science-based A-Level course. Although, my A-level background is more Language (English) and Art based. I know Reading doesn't specify its preferred subject choice but, considering I got ABB compared to its requirements of AAA-AAB, I don't think they'll accept me. Will taking AS-level Psychology provide me with more of an advantage or do you think it won't really make any difference and I should just drop it?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.2%

Watched Threads