Mature students and fresher's week in University of Nottingham Watch

SiedahThompson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Is there any late mature students who are in their late 20s or 30s, who want to go go fresher's week but don't really fancy going to the club nights. I would like to meet some students my own age, which is 28, but I think I'm going to struggle in a club environment.
Shahryar Sharoze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, i'll be joing the fresher's week but will be avoiding club nights. Are you a postgraduate student?
SiedahThompson
Rep:
?
I'm an undergraduate, do you recommend any places to go
Shahryar Sharoze
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I can not as it will be my first time in nottingham. I would prefer joining different societies in the fresher's week and in the mean time will try to know the city as much as i could.What course are you undertaking?
username2388485
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Obligatory 'not a mature student' but:

There is more going on than just club nights, certainly. Most societies have try-it sessions and all of them are at the fresher's fair. Those will still mostly be the normal student age range but generally larger societies will have some mature students. I believe there is a Mature Students Network, which certainly seems like a good place to start.
SiedahThompson
Rep:
?
Societies sound like a good idea. I'm doing religious studies, how about you
Shahryar Sharoze
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That's interesting. I am joining for master's in medical education. When is your course starting?
SiedahThompson
Rep:
?
1st october, but obviously have welcome week. I'm a parent too, so midweek fresher's would be out for me
Ftmshk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Freshers guide is now live on the SU web site. Non-clubbing events are here: https://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/welcome/other-events/
Tom Leach is the Mature Students Officer this year, and has posted on The Mature Students Network facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/UoNMatureStudents/ that there will be a mature students meet up in the second week of term so join the Facebook Group for updates. Last year we had lots of events throughout the year including regular meet ups in Portland Coffee Co. and Mooch, also some events for families, so hopefully there will be lots going on. I'm sure Tom would be pleased to have suggestions and help organising events too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.93%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (193)
30.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise