The Student Room Group

How can I improve my Grade? From a B to an A

I am a Northern Irish student doing A-Level Biology with CCEA. I was happy with my recent AS results; especially when I thought I would fail Biology as my teachers marked harshly the entire year.

From what I could see, I was half way between an A Grade and a B grade in Biology in AS. This in turn has driven me to ask myself the question I never thought I would ask myself: Could I get an A?

I enjoy Biology but always seem to never reach my full potential in the subject. It seems that I can never reach that goal of an A. Thus, I have driven myself to post here. I am looking for first hand experience from people who have been in my position also. I really wish to make my final year one to remember and I feel I can do it.

For reference, I usually start proper revision about March/April time doing Past Papers which always helped me achieve my grades. I never found notes to be useful as I found they get tacky and childish.

What can I do to change my revision techniques to improve my grade? I really wish to get an A in Biology as A2 is 60% of the A-Level and thus I have the opportunity to achieve it.

Thank you in advanced.
Original post by SeanMScally
I am a Northern Irish student doing A-Level Biology with CCEA. I was happy with my recent AS results; especially when I thought I would fail Biology as my teachers marked harshly the entire year.

From what I could see, I was half way between an A Grade and a B grade in Biology in AS. This in turn has driven me to ask myself the question I never thought I would ask myself: Could I get an A?

I enjoy Biology but always seem to never reach my full potential in the subject. It seems that I can never reach that goal of an A. Thus, I have driven myself to post here. I am looking for first hand experience from people who have been in my position also. I really wish to make my final year one to remember and I feel I can do it.

For reference, I usually start proper revision about March/April time doing Past Papers which always helped me achieve my grades. I never found notes to be useful as I found they get tacky and childish.

What can I do to change my revision techniques to improve my grade? I really wish to get an A in Biology as A2 is 60% of the A-Level and thus I have the opportunity to achieve it.

Thank you in advanced.

Just stick with the revision technique you've been using at it clearly works for you. My only suggestion would be if you struggle on a particular section, dedicate a bit more time to understanding it. However, still revise all the content, just focus on the bits you struggle and all the details of the processes. Also, practice lots of application questions, as they usually come up a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending