The Student Room Group

Help w/ Lang Coursework

Im in my A2 year of A levels and need to choose my coursework for English language. Im studying the WJEC board and I need to write an essay discussing anything about the English language. whether that be language used in music about women vs men, or how different supermarkets use language to connect and build relationships with customers through twitter, etc.

It is meant to be based around something that is related to myself, something that I may be interested in or whatever.

I wanted to do something to do with English accents from around the world, maybe something to do with how people react to different accents and stigma and prejudice or something similar.

This would be because of me growing up in different countries and spending time in international schools (being mixed - half filipino/british).
Overall, I think I just need some ideas about what coursework to do it on and I think that I would be interested in accents.

So I would appreciate help and tips on coursework ideas, how to gather the data to analyse and anything else to help.
Thanks in advance
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest