Darwinion
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've completed a foundation year to get on Mechatronics and Robotics degree. I did fine in that year but have never done any A-level study at all. I've looked at the syllabus for the maths involved in semester 1 and the subjects look familiar. Is a lot of it recapping what we did before? Or are we expected to know the basics and they go further from the get go?

I'm a bit concerned so spent the summer redoing maths topics I wasn't wholly confident with. Trig identities, differentiation and integration mainly. Any other topics you advise for brushing up on in the approach to semester 1?
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Semester one is a lot of recapping and getting everyone up to the same speed, semester two will probably introduce a couple of new topics and extend some others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (92)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.47%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.65%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.45%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.05%

Watched Threads