The Official University of East Anglia (UEA) Applicants Thread 2019

Watch
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone, welcome to the Official UEA Applicants Thread 2019! :wavey:

This thread is for anyone considering applying, or has applied, to UEA for 2019 entry.

You can chat to other applicants and talk about the application process, the courses, and UEA in general.

It would be great if you could introduce yourselves…

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:
Something random about myself:

Some useful links:clip:
Student Life Hub
Course Finder
Open Days
YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
ShannonMarieCC
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there, I guess I’ll start this off, since I’ve been waiting a long time to apply to UEA haha!
Name: Shannon

Course: English Literature with Creative Writing

Predicted grades: A: English literature A: Media Studies B: Philosophy and Ethics

Also applying at: King’s College London, University of Surrey, Newcastle Unviersity, New College of the Humanities (but UEA is my top choice!)

Something random: I grew up in the middle of nowhere in Southern Ireland
Rep:
?
(Original post by ShannonMarieCC)
Hi there, I guess I’ll start this off, since I’ve been waiting a long time to apply to UEA haha!
Name: Shannon

Course: English Literature with Creative Writing

Predicted grades: A: English literature A: Media Studies B: Philosophy and Ethics

Also applying at: King’s College London, University of Surrey, Newcastle Unviersity, New College of the Humanities (but UEA is my top choice!)

Something random: I grew up in the middle of nowhere in Southern Ireland
Hi Shannon :hi:

Thanks for starting off our thread! We're really glad that you're excited to be applying to UEA, please let us know if you have any questions.

Heidi
Isabel333
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I'm an Italian applicant and we do not have predicted grades. It really depends on how you do on your Esame di Stato. So you could get an 80% as well as a 70%. I was wondering, if I get an offer, but I miss the grade of the conditional offer by 2 to 5%, do I still have a chance at being admitted, or not?
thank you,
Isabel
Michael2016
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Michael
Course: Children's Nursing
Predicted grades: Already got my Alevels- B in Sociology, Distinction,Distinction in Health and Social Care
Also applying at: University of Manchester, University of Nottingham, University of Hull
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Isabel333)
Hi! I'm an Italian applicant and we do not have predicted grades. It really depends on how you do on your Esame di Stato. So you could get an 80% as well as a 70%. I was wondering, if I get an offer, but I miss the grade of the conditional offer by 2 to 5%, do I still have a chance at being admitted, or not?
thank you,
Isabel
UEA generally tend to be lenient where they can be, but a lot depends on how many people meet their offers versus how many people they can take on the course.
username4269718
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Michael
Course: Pharmacy
Predicted grades: A A A (Chemistry, Biology and History )
Also applying at: Manchester, Nottingham, Cardiff, King's College London
Something random about myself: My favourite colour is green (really lame fact haha)
Supernovas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Kaliyah
Course: I really want to do the Law with American Law course but to be safe i'm going to apply for the Law course as Law is AAB
Predicted grades: Distinction star, A, A - my school may push it to higher
Also applying at: Oxford, Durham, Leeds, Birmingham
Something random about myself: I was initially born with six fingers on each hand
choopchie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Rebecca
Course: Biological Sciences
Grades (got them now lol): Biology A, Chemistry B, Geography B
Also applying at: n/a
Something random about myself: Not exactly random but I took a gap year :P
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

Just to let you know I've stuck this thread so it's easy for people to find at the top of the forum
Anastasia123O
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Yin
Course: Medicine
Predicted grades: AAA
Also applying at: Southampton, Manchester, Cardiff, St George's
Something random about myself: I love to knit!
cloudinthesky
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I’m a mum with my degree from many years ago but my eldest is at uea and loves it and my youngest is watching track waiting for an offer to come in ( hopefully before she wears the refresh button out 🙄)
Rep:
?
(Original post by cloudinthesky)
Hi I’m a mum with my degree from many years ago but my eldest is at uea and loves it and my youngest is watching track waiting for an offer to come in ( hopefully before she wears the refresh button out 🙄)
We're really glad your eldest is enjoying their time here! Wishing your youngest all the best in their application

Heidi
cattrill11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: CaitlinLocation: south londoncourse: geography predicteds: a*aaalso applying: birmingham southampton cardiff loughborough i got an unconditional offer yesterday from uea!something random: i’ve eaten mcdonald’s in 10 different countries 😌
Rep:
?
(Original post by cattrill11)
Name: CaitlinLocation: south londoncourse: geography predicteds: a*aaalso applying: birmingham southampton cardiff loughborough i got an unconditional offer yesterday from uea!something random: i’ve eaten mcdonald’s in 10 different countries 😌
Congratulations on your offer! :thumbsup:
cloudinthesky
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Offer received but not the email with the details so we don’t know exactly what it is. Anyone have any idea how long after track updates does the uea direct email arrive ?
cattrill11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cloudinthesky)
Offer received but not the email with the details so we don’t know exactly what it is. Anyone have any idea how long after track updates does the uea direct email arrive ?
it took 3 days for me!
cloudinthesky
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cattrill11)
it took 3 days for me!
Thanks we managed to find my eldest daughters emails ( she keeps everything !!!) it was about 4 hrs after ( that was in 2016 )but I guess with the weekend it will be a good few days at least.
Oh maybe someone went in and pressed a send button unconditional received one very happy little sister looking forward to heading off with her big sister next year
12BathK1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi,
why does Economics with a placement year have different requirements than doing normal Economics.
I only ask this because some universities like Loughborough offer the same thing but the grade requirements are the same for the courses.
Choixs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Simon
Course: Accounting and Finance
Predicted grades: Already achieved (D*DD in Applied Sciences)
Also applying at: University of Hertfordshire
Something random about myself: Love K pop and Anime, I also enjoy learning new languages.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.78%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.79%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (33)
23.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.1%

Watched Threads