The Student Room Group

Not sure whether to apply for medicine

I want to do medicine but I'm still not sure and meant to be applying next month. I think I will find it interesting and rewarding but I also know how much commitment it takes and I'm worried I won't be handle the level of stress. Should I apply anyway seeing as almost everyone must have these concerns?
Original post by Anonymous
I want to do medicine but I'm still not sure and meant to be applying next month. I think I will find it interesting and rewarding but I also know how much commitment it takes and I'm worried I won't be handle the level of stress. Should I apply anyway seeing as almost everyone must have these concerns?

Do you meet the entrance criteria?

Maybe a gap year to get more experience and sort out whether its really for you would be better.

You have to make sure you get the grades without resitting.

You need to check which schools have limited application attempts so you dont waste them.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Do you meet the entrance criteria?

Maybe a gap year to get more experience and sort out whether its really for you would be better.

You have to make sure you get the grades without resitting.

You need to check which schools have limited application attempts so you dont waste them.

Yes I have the entrance criteria. The issue is I’m still not sure if it’s what I want to do and I need to apply next month

Many aspects of the job which are at first quite stressful become less stressful as time goes on. This is because you get used to them and also become more efficient and effective at dealing with them.

As you gain more experience, you also work out what aspects of the job you like and what you dislike, so you can start to work in the specialties you feel are best suited to your personality and skills.

What aspects of the job or course do you worry you'll find particularly stressful?
Reply 4

Have you done the UKCAT yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending