The Student Room Group

I can't cook oatmeal even if my life depended on it

So I have started bulking again which means Oat meal and eggs for breakfast. I avoided buying the packet of quaker oatmeal because there is too much sugar.

I try cook oatmeal the proper way from those big bags and whenever I cook them on the hob they seem to mostly just stick to the bottom of the hob and I am following instructions lol.

Scroll to see replies

oh ok i thought you had to add the oats first then add water then heat it. Btw when do you add milk? I accidentally added to much and this has turned into some type of oat drink lol.
You can add natural Manuka honey if you want it to be sweeter but healthier :smile:
Btw are you a member of the TSR Libertarian party?
Reply 4
Whey... sure. Seen it as Tesco alongside the ass's milk and beluga caviar.
Reply 5
Original post by SuperHuman98
So I have started bulking again which means Oat meal and eggs for breakfast. I avoided buying the packet of quaker oatmeal because there is too much sugar.

I try cook oatmeal the proper way from those big bags and whenever I cook them on the hob they seem to mostly just stick to the bottom of the hob and I am following instructions lol.
The best way is to put the oats in cold water the previous night, so they can soak. Then when you put the hob on, keep stirring constantly until it just about starts to bubble, at which point it's done.
Reply 6
Original post by London090
You can add natural Manuka honey if you want it to be sweeter but healthier :smile:
Manuka honey has just as much sugar in it as regular honey, and the benefits it offers (antiseptic/antibiotic) are not relevant when it's eaten as a food. You're better off just buying regular honey from Aldi at ~£1.15/lb.
Moved to food and drink
Original post by Vinny C

Belugas are ceteceans, they don't lay eggs
Reply 8
Original post by CoolCavy
Moved to food and drink

Belugas are ceteceans, they don't lay eggs

I know... but some sharks give birth to live young.
Btw are you a member of the TSR Libertarian party?

yes why? :smile:
Original post by Vinny C

??
yes why? :smile:

Nice I am as well! But you're not an MP?
Cleaning the hob after cooking oatmeal is just long so I prefer adding hot water from the kettle onto the oats and then I wait a few minutes and it's good to eat
??

As in... it's not commonly available. Not where I live, anyway!
Nice I am as well! But you're not an MP?

I used to be an MP
Original post by Vinny C
As in... it's not commonly available. Not where I live, anyway!

Whey? You can purchase some online if you want
I used to be an MP

oh. 😂😂 what happened?
Whey? You can purchase some online if you want

I can prolly get ass's milk online too if I look hard enough. Doesn't mean I'm going to.
Water? Hob?

Oatmeal + milk in microwave = delicious.
How can you **** up oats?

Quick Reply

Latest