Why do people want to stop long shore drift from happening?

Watch
Cookies n cream
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The only thing i can think of is it causes beach erosion... any help apprecitated
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cookies n cream)
The only thing i can think of is it causes beach erosion... any help apprecitated
Longshore drift is the process by which sediment is transported along the coast. If incoming sediment supply is limited, for example due to coastal defences further up the coast, unimpeded longshore drift may contribute to coastal erosion over time. People may therefore use structures such as groynes to trap the sediment as it is being transported, to prevent it being washed away down the coast and reduce the amount of erosion that can take place
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It sucks. I was on hols last week and a wave knocked my sunglasses off my head and into the water. I was looking all around for them then about 5 mins later realised I was looking in the wrong place because longshore drift.

I got a B in Geography and I reckon that just cost me a new pair of shades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
35.95%
No (80)
52.29%
I don't know (18)
11.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise