Has anyone been to BCU? Watch

Amanda_7826
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So basically I’m going to bcu to study sociology and criminology. Has anyone been to this uni? How do you find it and is it diverse or more Asians than white people etc? I’m so scared for uni any tips or things I should know before starting?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Punk_Rock_Socks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Amanda_7826)
So basically I’m going to bcu to study sociology and criminology. Has anyone been to this uni? How do you find it and is it diverse or more Asians than white people etc? I’m so scared for uni any tips or things I should know before starting?
Hi there!
I'm currently studying illustration at BCU and I love it! It is pretty diverse, lots of people from lots of places, here's a link from their website about their policies, and you can find a PDF of the populations too if you're looking for actual figures http://www.bcu.ac.uk/about-us/corpor...nd-populations . Everyone is so nice and there's no need to worry about language barriers or anything!
One piece of advice I would give is not to worry! It seems a lot scarier than it is. Definitely don't worry about making friends, especially in the first few weeks as everyone is trying to make friends so you're bound to find people you like. Definitely go to the freshers fair, it's super helpful, you get some freebies, find out about some societies, and even find out about summer opportunities like working abroad and stuff if you're interested in that! It's unlikely that the friends you make in freshers are gonna be the people you hang out with for the rest of uni so don't worry about them being perfect, and don't feel obliged to stay with them if you're not clicking.
If you have any more questions you can always drop me a message! Hope this helps!
Amanda_7826
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Aw thank you so much
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise