The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

The Official University of Essex Applicants Thread: 2019 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i dont know want to have a look at it again before i decide to move there so to speak !! want to know more about the area etc my family want to move with me so any suggestions on nice areas ! i will take them please !
Original post by anonymousamk
is essex your firm?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 41
Have an offer from Essex, has anyone else got an offer and/ or chosen yet?
Reply 42
Original post by anonymousamk
is essex your firm?

Nope, it's definitely going to be my insurance choice as it's my safest option. I'm thinking of making either York/Leeds my firm but I need to sort out the paperwork for the access schemes because I meet the contextual T&Cs. Failing to sort that out in time or something happens along the way, I'll make UEA my firm. Either way don't worry too much about people's firm and insurance choices, you should really worry about yourself tbh and good luck. :wink:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Nope, it's definitely going to be my insurance choice as it's my safest option. I'm thinking of making either York/Leeds my firm but I need to sort out the paperwork for the access schemes because I meet the contextual T&Cs. Failing to sort that out in time or something happens along the way, I'll make UEA my firm. Either way don't worry too much about people's firm and insurance choices, you should really worry about yourself tbh and good luck. :wink:

You're right. Thanks.
Got a conditional offer for Politics and International relations with placement year ☺️
Original post by jddddd
Have an offer from Essex, has anyone else got an offer and/ or chosen yet?

Got an offer for politics and international relations with placement year
Reply 46
Original post by navyaabbey
Got an offer for politics and international relations with placement year

ayy congrats! Have you accepted or considering other unis?
Original post by jddddd
ayy congrats! Have you accepted or considering other unis?

I have applied at Warwick, SOAS, LSE, and Bath but haven’t received a reply yet. Also, thank you!
Reply 48
Original post by navyaabbey
I have applied at Warwick, SOAS, LSE, and Bath but haven’t received a reply yet. Also, thank you!

Ohhh, okay, good luck with the rest of your offers, I hope you're successful!
Original post by jddddd
Ohhh, okay, good luck with the rest of your offers, I hope you're successful!

Thank you so much! ☺️
Original post by busterman2018
Went to the applicant day on Wednesday and it was really easy going, nothing to worry about for those attending, I've since had an offer for Psychology but I also want to visit the other Uni's I have had offers from (Kent and Surrey) before deciding.

What are the conditions for the psychology and what are your predicted grades if i may ask? :biggrin:
Original post by ValerioCardoso17
Hey, I’m applying for University of Essex: Sociology Foundation. Want to stay in the meadows if possible. Anyone else ?

Me too kind of. Applying for foundation Computer Science instead but want to stay in the meadows. Have you received an offer yet?
@icouldntthinkof2 Hi, I got a conditional offer from them Triple D. I wanna stay in the meadows cause it looks nice but it's far and kinda expensive, I wanna live comfortably. im looking at South courts and they look good and decent tbh. Have you got any offers?
Original post by icouldntthinkof2
Me too kind of. Applying for foundation Computer Science instead but want to stay in the meadows. Have you received an offer yet?

Hi, I got a conditional offer from them Triple D. I wanna stay in the meadows cause it looks nice but it's far and kinda expensive. I'm looking at South courts, they look good to stay at and close to the Campus. Have you got an offer from them?
Original post by ValerioCardoso17
Hi, I got a conditional offer from them Triple D. I wanna stay in the meadows cause it looks nice but it's far and kinda expensive. I'm looking at South courts, they look good to stay at and close to the Campus. Have you got an offer from them?

I haven’t gotten an offer yet which is why i’m a tiny bit worried but they’re my top choice. The accommodation distance from the university isn’t too much of a worry for me tbh but i’m hoping for the more modern accommodation. I know someone who used to stay at South Courts and said it was the best socially and in terms of quality though so it’s a good competitor. Where else have you applied to?
Original post by icouldntthinkof2
I haven’t gotten an offer yet which is why i’m a tiny bit worried but they’re my top choice. The accommodation distance from the university isn’t too much of a worry for me tbh but i’m hoping for the more modern accommodation. I know someone who used to stay at South Courts and said it was the best socially and in terms of quality though so it’s a good competitor. Where else have you applied to?

I'm sure you will get one, one of my other ones took quite long but I rejected them for taking long and wasn't my ideal Uni.I applied to University of West England Bristol (get confused with the naming) which I rejected for taking to long, York st john which was the best one with offers but I rejected it because it's way too far from where I live. University of Northampton which I accepted as my insurance because I like the accomodation and campus and the modules. And of course Essex which has all the things I want to have. Which ones have you applied to?
Original post by _maryem1998_
What are the conditions for the psychology and what are your predicted grades if i may ask? :biggrin:

I think it was BBC if firmed (need to double check sorry), but my predicted grades are ABB.
Reply 57
I applied for Marketing
My IB predicted grade is 41/45...
Hope I’ll get an offer...
HI! I applied last year for differred entry and at my inerview they told me Essex gave very few unconditional offers out unless you already had achieved your A-Levels. I wouldnt worry too much about it, mine was classed as a 'group interview' but was basically just an open day with a group activity based on your subject, no one to one discussion unless you asked a question. I was also refunded travel expenses if this is a problem for you. I got my offer about 3 days later subject to conditions but it was reduced to CCC if I placed essex as my firm :smile:

Original post by p201365
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics

yeh i have just logged in and it's not compulsory but my mum thinks it's good to go because they might be more likely to give an unconditional ( even though I hate interviews )

Reply 59
I've got a place for BA Drama this year! (Quite a change as I'm currently on a Computing degree in Scotland)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending