The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

The Official University of Essex Applicants Thread: 2019 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi! I'm an EU student and I've received a conditional offer for BSc Computer Games. I've also applied to Bradford and a couple of others, but I'm leaning toward firming Essex :h: Since I can't go, I was wondering if anyone's ever been to an open day and what it was like there?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by snjeska
Hi! I'm an EU student and I've received a conditional offer for BSc Computer Games. I've also applied to Bradford and a couple of others, but I'm leaning toward firming Essex :h: Since I can't go, I was wondering if anyone's ever been to an open day and what it was like there?

Hey there! I've been to the Open Day at Colchester campus (this is where the Computer Science department and many other departments are based) and it's quite a nice campus and you can get around easily. Hythe train station is the nearest to the campus but you can get a bus (takes around 20-30 mins depending on traffic) to get to Colchester train station (its also known as Colchester North).
Reply 62
Original post by cgoymer
I've got a place for BA Drama this year! (Quite a change as I'm currently on a Computing degree in Scotland)

Congratualtions!
Reply 63
Original post by snjeska

It's a good University, go with what you think will be best for you! Best of luck.
Has anyone received an offer yet ?
Original post by ———————-

Lots of people have!
Oh wow. I’ve just been trying to find out when they send out most of their applications
Reply 67
Does anyone know whether receiving an Under-18 form is any indication of offer? Thanks!
Reply 68
Original post by ———————-

Yes
Original post by ey0720
Does anyone know whether receiving an Under-18 form is any indication of offer? Thanks!

I got it after I got my offer
Reply 70
Original post by navyaabbey
I got it after I got my offer

Are you an international student...? I am one and I received the form but I haven’t got the offer yet. It states that if I don’t fill in the form I won’t be able to get my visa and thus cannot register at Essex
Original post by ey0720
Are you an international student...? I am one and I received the form but I haven’t got the offer yet. It states that if I don’t fill in the form I won’t be able to get my visa and thus cannot register at Essex

I am an international student. It came to me as one of the conditions of my offer for the same reason
Reply 72
I am an international student. It came to me as one of the conditions of my offer for the same reason

That’s weird then.... Anyways thanks for the help and congratulations on your offer... let’s hope for the best...
Original post by ey0720
That’s weird then.... Anyways thanks for the help and congratulations on your offer... let’s hope for the best...

All the best to you!!
Hi everyone. I have got a conditional offer for BSc Psychology(with placement year). I am an international student(India). I also hold conditional offers from Leicester, Birmingham and Reading. Was interested to know more about the Uni of Essex, accomodation and the course.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by adyanair
Hi everyone. I have got a conditional offer for BSc Psychology(with placement year). I am an international student(India). I also hold conditional offers from Leicester, Birmingham and Reading. Was interested to know more about the Uni of Essex, accomodation and the course.

https://www1.essex.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/default.aspx
Reply 76

Second year Essex student here. Feel free to ask me anything. :smile:

Hello! I was wondering how long did it take for you to receive an offer?

I’m from India too! Have an offer for politics and IR with placement year
I’m from India too! Have an offer for politics and IR with placement year

Hi...are you planning to firm Essex? Which other unis have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest