The Student Room Group

How to know if you're capable to study Law @ uni

I am considering to study law, I am very interested in it and I don't mind to have workloads. I am just wondering what's it like, and I've heard some people dropped out Law at uni. I don't want this to happen to me.

I would appreciate if students' share from their experience and opinion, it will help me to decide.

Thankyou x
Only one way to find out, apply get accepted and go.

Not all law students are brilliant and it's not quantative at all so if your good at reading and memory you should be ok.
I was a master crammer back in the day.

The problem for me was that I didn't enjoy it. I like knowing the ins and outs of everything rather than just the bare minimum to get a high 2:1 or first.

But once you've pissed about learning about detinue, you cram anyway.

Will say being logical and having an interest in abstract ideas, which you simply have no emotional attachment to and which mean nothing to your life or anyone else's, is key. And you probably should enjoy studying language, and thinking about how language is used.

If you are happy to argue about things you don't actually care about, be warned that you will form a habit and become something of a pedantic sod.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending