The Student Room Group

Are Relationships Worth Having Through School???

What do you guys think?

Having been in a few myself, I think they can be fun but never really resort to anything in the end. But can serve as good experience!

Do you think relationships are a waste of time through school or can they actually work?
Reply 1
I don't really think so, not for me anyway.

I've never been a reletionship, and I've been perfectly happy at school. Sure I've crushed before but it goes as fast as it comes, all the guys at my school really are to me is friends and I guess the crush is a moment of madness (cliche and cringey I know). I'd rather focus on my work, and just let my friends be my friends and nothing more.
To be honest, no. I don't think they really come to anything serious and what not, majoritywise anyway. Focus on your work and stay close to your friends and what not. It can be tough maintaining a relationship whilst juggling everything else in the process. More responsibility for you at the end of the day.
Friendships yes, but serious romantic relationships no.
Casual sexual relationships can be ok but anything more is a waste of time with the potential to be a big distraction at school.
No.
Not really, no. They can be an experience but teenage relationships always seem to come with so much drama and angst. As long as they're not too serious and don't distract the couple from other important things then I don't see the problem. They just seem a bit pointless.
Reply 6
Waste of time unless you think you’re in love
Reply 7
Nope, from my own experience I ended up honestly regretting it. It's better to focus on your own goals and hobbies to develop yourself than to waste time in a relationship that possibly will not lead to anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending