The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 5 Scientific Article October 2018-"A Red Card for The Heart"

Guys. lets talk about oct/nov 2018 Scientific article questions.. anyone with any sort of sample questions, lets share it here ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by shamsup
Guys. lets talk about oct/nov 2018 Scientific article questions.. anyone with any sort of sample questions, lets share it here ?

hope these would be useful..
Reply 2
Original post by sonashi
hope these would be useful..

Oh a lot of people would benefit..thank you..and did you purchase from TES ?
Reply 3
Original post by shamsup

yes i i took it frm tes. but i didn't download the document(we should pay for it). so i took the screenshots of the sample pages which they had allowed the users to view.
Original post by sonashi
yes i i took it frm tes. but i didn't download the document(we should pay for it). so i took the screenshots of the sample pages which they had allowed the users to view.

if soemone has purchased it could you please upload the document here
Reply 5
Did anyone do October IAL Unit 4 today?
Reply 6
Original post by Rush27
Did anyone do October IAL Unit 4 today?

Yeah?
Reply 7
Original post by shamsup
Yeah?

How was it? Do you remember any answers? I can't seem to find a link or a thread for it anywhere
Reply 8
Original post by Rush27
How was it? Do you remember any answers? I can't seem to find a link or a thread for it anywhere

Ohh kinda, i guess..
Original post by shamsup
Ohh kinda, i guess..

was the paper tough what do u think
Original post by shamsup

Here are the Questions from TES Hope you find them useful.
Reply 11
Original post by ahmedusman575

Sure..and Thank you
Original post by shamsup
Sure..and Thank you
ur welcome so how did unit 4 go what answer did u write for how do the shark have antibiotic resistant bacteria ?

and how does salt effect the sterilistation of food products ?
Reply 13
drinking sea water contaminated with waste water from hospitals which is contaminated with resistant bacteria, or maybe sewage or something anything that would make sense would be accepted i think..as for the addition of salt, i think decomposers doesn't thrive in hypertonic solution, because itd lead to dehydration as more water will be sucked out of them by osmosis?
Did anyone else run out of time in the Unit 4 Biology exam today??
Original post by Erin0404

lol i ran out of time big time
Original post by shamsup
drinking sea water contaminated with waste water from hospitals which is contaminated with resistant bacteria, or maybe sewage or something anything that would make sense would be accepted i think..as for the addition of salt, i think decomposers doesn't thrive in hypertonic solution, because itd lead to dehydration as more water will be sucked out of them by osmosis?

thanks for the info bro i was the only one appearing for this exam from my center so i had no one to discuss my answers with.I pretty much wrote the same thing tho.

About unit 5 do we need to revise the As book since that in unit 4 we got a question about atherosclerosis which is not part of A2 syllabus.
Reply 17
Original post by Erin0404

Yess so annoyingg Ughh.. btw what do y'all think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Rush27
Yess so annoyingg Ughh.. btw what do y'all think the grade boundaries will be?

Hopefully as low, if not lower, than previous papers...
Original post by ahmedusman575

Thank you!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest