The Student Room Group

Engineering work experience

I want to apply to do work experience with BAE systems for a week in the half term but they want a personal statement and I cannot find any ideas. I was advised by someone that it's not a GCSE or A-level personal statement but more about something to do with the company. Can anyone help me out a little bit with how long it should be, what it should include and the overall structure?
Reply 1
Original post by Guarddyyy
I want to apply to do work experience with BAE systems for a week in the half term but they want a personal statement and I cannot find any ideas. I was advised by someone that it's not a GCSE or A-level personal statement but more about something to do with the company. Can anyone help me out a little bit with how long it should be, what it should include and the overall structure?

Why do you want to do work experience in general, and why at BAE Systems in particular?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Why do you want to do work experience in general, and why at BAE Systems in particular?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm looking to do aerospace engineering, and doing work experience could justify this is the path I want to take and get actual first-hand experience working alongside professionals and how these companies operate. I'm also planning to apply to do an apprenticeship degree with BAE systems after A-levels which is why I'm being more particular and with me wanting to work with them.
Reply 3
I'm looking to do aerospace engineering, and doing work experience could justify this is the path I want to take and get actual first-hand experience working alongside professionals and how these companies operate. I'm also planning to apply to do an apprenticeship degree with BAE systems after A-levels which is why I'm being more particular and with me wanting to work with them.

Perfect. And there's your personal statement :smile:

(Maybe expand on the "why BAE" bit...)
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
Perfect. And there's your personal statement :smile:

(Maybe expand on the "why BAE" bit...)

Ok, thank you very much :smile:
Reply 5
Ok, thank you very much :smile:

No problem :smile: They aren't looking for 4,000 words on it - just a brief, personal, note about you and why you want to work there. What you've written is exactly the right start.

Enjoy your week at BAE :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending