The Student Room Group

Oxford law chances

I have 5 As and A*s at GCSE, and 4 As at AS level, hoping to be predicted 3 A* when i drop one, however, I have been doing practice LNATs and getting low 20s, which I doubt is good enough for Oxford. Thoughts?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by wantingp
I have 5 As and A*s at GCSE, and 4 As at a level, however, I have been doing practice LNATs and getting low 20s, which I doubt is good enough for Oxford. Thoughts?

Moved to Law via University of Oxford :smile:
You're correct. Average LNAT is 28.25 for Oxford.

Get your score higher or apply to Cambridge.
Reply 3
Original post by Notoriety
You're correct. Average LNAT is 28.25 for Oxford.

Get your score higher or apply to Cambridge.

Thanks for your honesty :smile: my thoughts exactly
try and get at least around 26, because oxford puts more emphasis on the essay
I have 5 As and A*s at GCSE, and 4 As at AS level, hoping to be predicted 3 A* when i drop one, however, I have been doing practice LNATs and getting low 20s, which I doubt is good enough for Oxford. Thoughts?

Hi!

A really great way to get noticed is by scoring highly in the LNAT. They take the LNAT performance very seriously because it is tailored to show how well the student is suited to do well in the Law degree in particular. If you do great in it this suggests that you have the skills that will allow you to succeed in the type of degree this is.

So the LNAT is very telling to the admissions team and so a hugely effective way to get noticed in the application process.

Practise the LNAT style tests and seek feedback on how you are doing.

All best !

Arbito LNAT
Original post by Arbitio LNAT
Hi!

A really great way to get noticed is by scoring highly in the LNAT. They take the LNAT performance very seriously because it is tailored to show how well the student is suited to do well in the Law degree in particular. If you do great in it this suggests that you have the skills that will allow you to succeed in the type of degree this is.

So the LNAT is very telling to the admissions team and so a hugely effective way to get noticed in the application process.

Practise the LNAT style tests and seek feedback on how you are doing.

All best !

Arbito LNAT

But then you would say that, wouldn't you?
Reply 7
Original post by Reality Check
But then you would say that, wouldn't you?

Haha my thoughts too, I’ve already taken the lnat and it went down the crapper so either way I’m in a **** position 🤷🏻*♀️
Haha my thoughts too, I’ve already taken the lnat and it went down the crapper so either way I’m in a **** position 🤷🏻*♀️

All's not lost my friend. The LNAT is only one factor in an application , and there's plenty of law schools that don't even use it.
Reply 9
All's not lost my friend. The LNAT is only one factor in an application , and there's plenty of law schools that don't even use it.

Yeah, I’m thinking of going for cambridge instead as I’m far better at essays for the clt (even in the lnat essays) and the course is similar, if no one wants me I’ll take a gap year and apply for a course I can later do a conversion with :smile:
Yeah, I’m thinking of going for cambridge instead as I’m far better at essays for the clt (even in the lnat essays) and the course is similar, if no one wants me I’ll take a gap year and apply for a course I can later do a conversion with :smile:

Good attitude :smile: I like it.
Reply 11
Good attitude :smile: I like it.

To give an independent view, I took the LNAT last week and feel it went reasonably well. My prep involved working through all the MCQ of the Arbitio course and a good number of their suggested essays. I believe this experience gave me a real advantage when it came to the exam.
Original post by Yoshi12345
To give an independent view, I took the LNAT last week and feel it went reasonably well. My prep involved working through all the MCQ of the Arbitio course and a good number of their suggested essays. I believe this experience gave me a real advantage when it came to the exam.

Ultimately this thread is not a review of Arbitio, nor did Reality Check say that Arbitio is deficient.

OP is quite wise to consider the non-LNAT Cambridge anyhow, even if they have a decent chance of improving their MCQ performance, just because there is a lingering possibility that they bomb on the day. That would mean Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham and maybe even Bristol out the window.
Reply 14
Original post by Notoriety
Ultimately this thread is not a review of Arbitio, nor did Reality Check say that Arbitio is deficient.

OP is quite wise to consider the non-LNAT Cambridge anyhow, even if they have a decent chance of improving their MCQ performance, just because there is a lingering possibility that they bomb on the day. That would mean Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham and maybe even Bristol out the window.

Agreed. I didn't feel that the whole mcq was terrible but a the last 1/4 to 1/3 I felt it go downhill. All I'm hoping for now is something over 22-ish. The essay i felt went well in comparison to the mcq which is understandable as I do well in essay based subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending