wantingp
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have 5 As and A*s at GCSE, and 4 As at AS level, hoping to be predicted 3 A* when i drop one, however, I have been doing practice LNATs and getting low 20s, which I doubt is good enough for Oxford. Thoughts?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wantingp)
I have 5 As and A*s at GCSE, and 4 As at a level, however, I have been doing practice LNATs and getting low 20s, which I doubt is good enough for Oxford. Thoughts?
Moved to Law via University of Oxford
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're correct. Average LNAT is 28.25 for Oxford.

Get your score higher or apply to Cambridge.
wantingp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
You're correct. Average LNAT is 28.25 for Oxford.

Get your score higher or apply to Cambridge.
Thanks for your honesty my thoughts exactly
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
try and get at least around 26, because oxford puts more emphasis on the essay
Arbitio LNAT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have 5 As and A*s at GCSE, and 4 As at AS level, hoping to be predicted 3 A* when i drop one, however, I have been doing practice LNATs and getting low 20s, which I doubt is good enough for Oxford. Thoughts?
Hi!

A really great way to get noticed is by scoring highly in the LNAT. They take the LNAT performance very seriously because it is tailored to show how well the student is suited to do well in the Law degree in particular. If you do great in it this suggests that you have the skills that will allow you to succeed in the type of degree this is.

So the LNAT is very telling to the admissions team and so a hugely effective way to get noticed in the application process.

Practise the LNAT style tests and seek feedback on how you are doing.

All best !

Arbito LNAT
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Arbitio LNAT)
Hi!

A really great way to get noticed is by scoring highly in the LNAT. They take the LNAT performance very seriously because it is tailored to show how well the student is suited to do well in the Law degree in particular. If you do great in it this suggests that you have the skills that will allow you to succeed in the type of degree this is.

So the LNAT is very telling to the admissions team and so a hugely effective way to get noticed in the application process.

Practise the LNAT style tests and seek feedback on how you are doing.

All best !

Arbito LNAT
But then you would say that, wouldn't you?
wantingp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
But then you would say that, wouldn't you?
Haha my thoughts too, I’ve already taken the lnat and it went down the crapper so either way I’m in a **** position 🤷🏻*♀️
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Haha my thoughts too, I’ve already taken the lnat and it went down the crapper so either way I’m in a **** position 🤷🏻*♀️
All's not lost my friend. The LNAT is only one factor in an application , and there's plenty of law schools that don't even use it.
wantingp
Rep:
?
All's not lost my friend. The LNAT is only one factor in an application , and there's plenty of law schools that don't even use it.
Yeah, I’m thinking of going for cambridge instead as I’m far better at essays for the clt (even in the lnat essays) and the course is similar, if no one wants me I’ll take a gap year and apply for a course I can later do a conversion with
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, I’m thinking of going for cambridge instead as I’m far better at essays for the clt (even in the lnat essays) and the course is similar, if no one wants me I’ll take a gap year and apply for a course I can later do a conversion with
Good attitude I like it.
wantingp
Rep:
?
Good attitude I like it.
Thanks no point crying over spilt milk I guess
Yoshi12345
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To give an independent view, I took the LNAT last week and feel it went reasonably well. My prep involved working through all the MCQ of the Arbitio course and a good number of their suggested essays. I believe this experience gave me a real advantage when it came to the exam.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yoshi12345)
To give an independent view, I took the LNAT last week and feel it went reasonably well. My prep involved working through all the MCQ of the Arbitio course and a good number of their suggested essays. I believe this experience gave me a real advantage when it came to the exam.
Ultimately this thread is not a review of Arbitio, nor did Reality Check say that Arbitio is deficient.

OP is quite wise to consider the non-LNAT Cambridge anyhow, even if they have a decent chance of improving their MCQ performance, just because there is a lingering possibility that they bomb on the day. That would mean Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham and maybe even Bristol out the window.
wantingp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
Ultimately this thread is not a review of Arbitio, nor did Reality Check say that Arbitio is deficient.

OP is quite wise to consider the non-LNAT Cambridge anyhow, even if they have a decent chance of improving their MCQ performance, just because there is a lingering possibility that they bomb on the day. That would mean Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham and maybe even Bristol out the window.
Agreed. I didn't feel that the whole mcq was terrible but a the last 1/4 to 1/3 I felt it go downhill. All I'm hoping for now is something over 22-ish. The essay i felt went well in comparison to the mcq which is understandable as I do well in essay based subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (280)
15.28%
Uncertainty around my education (287)
15.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (182)
9.93%
Isolating with family (129)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (84)
4.58%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (153)
8.35%
Loneliness (181)
9.87%
Financial worries (75)
4.09%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (169)
9.22%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.2%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (161)
8.78%

Watched Threads