Business Economics or Business and Marketing (HELP)

Watch
Cvnnor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m currently enrolled to start a BA Business and Marketing course at Sheff Hallam Uni for September 24th, but I think that I’d be more interested in the BA Business Economics course (insurance choice).

I believe that a degree in Business Ecomics will be more ‘credible’ and open me up to better opportunities.

BUT, the thing is, I’m not sure if it’ll be ‘too hard’ as I’ve heard Economics requires a high level of Maths (I’ve only studied it at GCSE level and got a B).

The course is a BA which I’ve heard isn’t as ‘Maths based’ but I’m not too sure what to believe.

I just don’t want to enrol onto the Business Econimcs course and be stopped by the Maths boundary.

Help and guidance is very much appreciated
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why not talk to the admissions staff about the business economics course and ask about the level of maths involved and the level of maths needed to be successful on the course.

FWIW, I'm not sure either degree sounds more credible than the other, although they do sound different.
Cvnnor
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Why not talk to the admissions staff about the business economics course and ask about the level of maths involved and the level of maths needed to be successful on the course.

FWIW, I'm not sure either degree sounds more credible than the other, although they do sound different.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll be sure to contact someone at the Uni tomorrow. I just think the Business Economics course is something that I would put 100% into rather than Business and Marketing.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cvnnor)
Thanks for the reply. I’ll be sure to contact someone at the Uni tomorrow. I just think the Business Economics course is something that I would put 100% into rather than Business and Marketing.
Definitely talk to the uni tomorrow then it's important to study something you're passionate about.
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Cvnnor

I agree with SarcAndSpark above. Have a chat to admissions - 0114 225 5555 and ask to be put through. Alternatively would you like to be put in touch with the course leader (Dr Konstantinos Lagos) and ask him directly about it?

Thanks
Bridget
Cvnnor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hi Cvnnor

I agree with SarcAndSpark above. Have a chat to admissions - 0114 225 5555 and ask to be put through. Alternatively would you like to be put in touch with the course leader (Dr Konstantinos Lagos) and ask him directly about it?

Thanks
Bridget
Thanks for the reply. I do think talking to him directly would be the best option. Is it not too late to switch courses at this point (Business Economics is my insurance) because the student finance is set to be paid to the Business and Marketing course? :confused:
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cvnnor)
Thanks for the reply. I do think talking to him directly would be the best option. Is it not too late to switch courses at this point (Business Economics is my insurance) because the student finance is set to be paid to the Business and Marketing course? :confused:
Hey Cvnnor

Ok I'll send you a PM with his email address so you can speak to him. I'll contact admissions for you about switching and be in touch soon.

Thanks
Bridget
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (111)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (332)
15.03%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (238)
10.77%
Lack of purpose or motivation (306)
13.85%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (102)
4.62%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (127)
5.75%
Loneliness (191)
8.65%
Financial worries (86)
3.89%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (93)
4.21%
Exposure to negative news/social media (103)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (118)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (193)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (209)
9.46%

Watched Threads