saleeemmm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I've taken my first practise test for the LNAT and I've scored 16 out of 42. I know it's below average if I take the average score for this year which was 19.9 out of 42, but I'm just panicking about this score as I'm nervous about the real thing which I'm taking on the 18th of October.

Just wondering if others were in the same position as myself?
username3112256
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel you girl! I feel you! I'm taking mine soon too. Tbh the way i'm prepping is just doing past questions, and for the essays I' m just reading around the news. Eve Cornwell put a great video up on youtube explaining what she did in it, and how she got to bristol so I'd suggest watching that too.
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im stressing so much, i havent started...im doing it on the same day
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by saleeemmm)
So I've taken my first practise test for the LNAT and I've scored 16 out of 42. I know it's below average if I take the average score for this year which was 19.9 out of 42, but I'm just panicking about this score as I'm nervous about the real thing which I'm taking on the 18th of October.

You've got a month. Buy some books online, and start there - they'll be doable. Move onto Arbitio. After that, do the second practice exam (from the LNAT website). You'll be far more confident by that point (and will no doubt have some useful exam tricks and pointers up your sleeves!)
Arbitio LNAT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by saleeemmm)

(Original post by anonymous1231231)
im stressing so much, i havent started...im doing it on the same day
Indeed, there is a lot of time and it is crucial to remember that practice is not about score per se. You are doing well for yourself by gaining test familiarity and engaging your verbal reasoning skills. It is regrettable that school work rarely involves much of reading with a critical mindset and towards selecting material information - that's what LNAT is all about and that's how you should prepare towards it!

A lot of LNAT questions require an evaluation of the answer options. Some are more tricky, others are more straightforward. Keep yourself at bay from overanalysing by maintaining time management rigours and don't doubt yourself - harder questions require some extra thought, but that's it. Respond well to the specific meaning of the question and pay attention to the keywords in the answer options - they rarely lift words used in the passage and rely more on your ability to "translate".

Now is the time to apply yourself, it is a test that everyone finds difficult and the aim of practice is as follows: you go into exam, you read a bit and you should be able to say to yourself: hey, I can do it!

All the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads