What shows up on a enhanced DBS check?

Watch this thread
Meggy0001
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm due to start university soon for a nursing course. I need to have an enhanced DBS check done on me. I have never had any contact with the police and don't have a criminal record.

I am just worried about debts I have accumulated over the years due to being an idiot. I paid them all here and there but still owe less than a grand to bailiffs. I haven't paid some for 2 and a half years due to not being able to afford it. I was receiving letters saying they will take me to court at that time but I have moved house. I'm now scared I missed a court date or something as I have moved house two years ago. Would this show on my DBS. I read somewhere that bailiffs can take the debt back to the original owner who can then take legal action, again I wouldn't know if this has happened as I have moved.

Please can someone put my mind at rest as I have been freaking out over this.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Meggy0001)
Hi, I'm due to start university soon for a nursing course. I need to have an enhanced DBS check done on me. I have never had any contact with the police and don't have a criminal record.

I am just worried about debts I have accumulated over the years due to being an idiot. I paid them all here and there but still owe less than a grand to bailiffs. I haven't paid some for 2 and a half years due to not being able to afford it. I was receiving letters saying they will take me to court at that time but I have moved house. I'm now scared I missed a court date or something as I have moved house two years ago. Would this show on my DBS. I read somewhere that bailiffs can take the debt back to the original owner who can then take legal action, again I wouldn't know if this has happened as I have moved.

Please can someone put my mind at rest as I have been freaking out over this.
DBS checks don't show CCJs/bankruptcies etc. If you were applying for a job where they wanted to know about these sorts of issues, they would need to credit check you as well.

If you did not turn up to court and this was considered a criminal matter, you would have heard about it by now.

Although companies can take legal action to recover debts, this would still be a civil case, not a criminal one and would not show up on the DBS check.

Your DBS check showing a criminal record would not automatically disbar you from nursing- it would depend on the nature of the offense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (144)
29.33%
It went fairly well (233)
47.45%
It didn't go too well (73)
14.87%
TERRIBLE! (41)
8.35%

Watched Threads