Does anyone else hate sports in Pe Watch

Studentboy783
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I hate Sports in Pe like football and basketball. Mainly because there’s a few in my class that take over the entire game so I end up standing around the entire game and they blame everyone else if they lose not because we did nothing but because we were in their way or apparently gave the ball to the other team. at the end of it I feel like I’ve wasted a hour. I’d rather just work out in the school gym or do running or something because I actually feel like I’m doing something. We do this sometimes but rarely since the majority wants to do sports. Am I the only one who hates Pe for this reason and does anyone have any tips for making it so I don’t stand around bored for a hour
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Studentboy783)
So I hate Sports in Pe like football and basketball. Mainly because there’s a few in my class that take over the entire game so I end up standing around the entire game and they blame everyone else if they lose not because we did nothing but because we were in their way or apparently gave the ball to the other team. at the end of it I feel like I’ve wasted a hour. I’d rather just work out in the school gym or do running or something because I actually feel like I’m doing something. We do this sometimes but rarely since the majority wants to do sports. Am I the only one who hates Pe for this reason and does anyone have any tips for making it so I don’t stand around bored for a hour
I hate most sports that involve contact with people. I love long distance running but that's about it really.
angela_12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I get you, just try and get more involved, there's nothing much else you could do really
Studentboy783
Rep:
?
(Original post by Constantine2018)
I hate most sports that involve contact with people. I love long distance running but that's about it really.
Honestly in my school at least 90% of the game is spent yelling at each other about how stupid the other team members are. It’s a small group (the group that’s known for failing classes, drinking heavily daily and smoking pot) that plays everyone else stands around
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some kids find academic lessons boring and love PE. Two sides of the same coin I guess
username4094562
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Studentboy783)
Honestly in my school at least 90% of the game is spent yelling at each other about how stupid the other team members are. It’s a small group (the group that’s known for failing classes, drinking heavily daily and smoking pot) that plays everyone else stands around
When it came to sports like Rounders where you can get out for running too slow, I just used to lose on purpose so that I wouldn't have to participate in the game.
Studentboy783
Rep:
?
(Original post by Constantine2018)
When it came to sports like Rounders where you can get out for running too slow, I just used to lose on purpose so that I wouldn't have to participate in the game.
See I’d be fine with rounders it’s games like football or basketball something where everyone plays at once since they’re really un organised
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What is Pe anyway? is it really so hard to write a whole word or is it just laziness what prevents it to do so?
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
more autonomy might have actually made me not hate pe. our school had a climbing wall with like 50 routes and it barely ever got used. instead it's just football and rugby all the time to give the kids with shaved heads some feeling of power before they get convicted for assault at 19
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
What is Pe anyway? is it really so hard to write a whole word or is it just laziness what prevents it to do so?
Physical Education. And literally every school or place calls it PE and my school calls it Games
username4171924
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As my wise friend (alws) once said:

~It is neether the sport that maketh the perthon stronger but the duality of the crickiteth bateth that ~
Lilli22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I used to hate it because I was embarrassed by people who would laugh at me if I utterly sucked. In the end, I just didn't make the effort because I knew that I wasn't good at sports, anyway.

I ended up just "studying" in the library for PE or forgot my PE kit for about 300 school days in a row.
alws
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I must agree with the honorable gentleman making this post. I do not partake in any sports for they are rather exhausting, the only "sports" I decide to engage in on rare occasion are activities such as hunting on my private estate in the Highlands, or perhaps fishing on my other estate if the weather permits. Kind regards, have a pleasant night.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
Physical Education. And literally every school or place calls it PE and my school calls it Games
Okay, I see.

Is it not possible as a crowd of students to suggest and vote for another sports than football and basketball? physical does not mean sports link to balls only.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Loved it as long as it was rugby or footie. Could get along with cricket but it was rare we did that because the weather is always ****e.
username3883544
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I enjoyed football, but not much else.
Louse14
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I like sports but it's too cold to do pe this time of year the teachers are alloud to wear tracksuits and Warm clothes and we are only alloud to wear shorts and a polo shirt. Too coldd
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I enjoyed sports but not in PE lessons. The few 'sports fanatics' seemed to want to try to take over and never learnt to play as a team... the way it should be and would be most enjoyable.

Edit - Well a fairly recent thread I guess, at least it's not been bumped after a few years
Last edited by SoulfulTwist; 1 year ago
Alex105
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes it's to cold to be wearing shorts this time if year and playing football in the rain
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
The subject is called PE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.39%
No (81)
10.64%
I'm not old enough (327)
42.97%

Watched Threads