The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can we have help with personal statements coz I’m struggling
What is everyone's Uni Choices? :smile:
Original post by hanaahxox
Can we have help with personal statements coz I’m struggling

OMG same! Its like where do u start from and what do u include?
Original post by sanah_14
OMG same! Its like where do u start from and what do u include?

Exactly and the hardest question for me is WHY OPTOMETRY because there’s a lot of cliches out there eg help people and I want to sound unique there aren’t even personal statements out there
Exactly and the hardest question for me is WHY OPTOMETRY because there’s a lot of cliches out there eg help people and I want to sound unique there aren’t even personal statements out there

I'm having the exact same troubles with my personal statement!! With me I'm not even sure if an Optometry degree is what I want to do (it's one of my top options) but I'm still confused
(edited 5 years ago)

Honestly we’re all applying for the same reasons really so it’s hard not to put the reason without being a bit cliche unfortunately. But I get you I’m having the same problem I feel like my intro is just like any other intro they’ll read hahah
Is it bad that I haven’t even started yet ☹️
Is it bad that I haven’t even started yet ☹️

Well you could always start now haha don’t worry I haven’t even finished all of my work experience yet so can’t finish my PS as haven’t written the work experience paragraph or my conclusion actually
What’s the best advice you could give x
Reply 10
Hey guys, my advice on the personal statement is that it is meant to be exactly that- personal. So make sure the admissions tutor reading it gets a sense of who you are as that is what will make it unique to you. Here is a link to some sample ones:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:Optometry_Personal_Statements

When you do send it off let us know where you're applying and with what grades. Also don't worry if you haven't started yet the deadline is 15th January 2019 for 2019 entry. :tongue:
I try but I really can’t start I’m just putting it off causing such a headache
What work experience has everyone got? I’m a bit worried as i want to submit my application early to increase my chances however I still haven’t got my shadowing placement at specsavers yet as the optom director hasn’t answered yet so so far I’ve only got shadowing a consultant at the hospital and hospital volunteering at the children’s ward...
Also what is everyone’s predicted grades? Are they higher/lower than the entry requirements?
Original post by Stressedoutxxx
Also what is everyone’s predicted grades? Are they higher/lower than the entry requirements?

Im resitting this year. got BBD. Hopefully getting predicted BBB-ABB.
i want to optom and have BBC predicted but i want to do a a foundation year at Aston
What work experience has everyone got? I’m a bit worried as i want to submit my application early to increase my chances however I still haven’t got my shadowing placement at specsavers yet as the optom director hasn’t answered yet so so far I’ve only got shadowing a consultant at the hospital and hospital volunteering at the children’s ward...

Havent got my optom work placement done either...
Original post by Sarbjit Kaur
i want to optom and have BBC predicted but i want to do a a foundation year at Aston

does aston uni do foundation year?
Original post by malcommalcom
Havent got my optom work placement done either...

When do you think you’ll get it done? And also when is everyone thinking of submitting their application? I wanted to send mine off quite early but I can’t finish my personal statement until after I finish all my work experience ahah
When do you think you’ll get it done? And also when is everyone thinking of submitting their application? I wanted to send mine off quite early but I can’t finish my personal statement until after I finish all my work experience ahah

2 weeks...

Latest