The Student Room Group

Am I being rejected because of my skin colour

I’m at a point in my life where I’m having major confidence issues about myself. A bit of backstory to me. Im brown skinned, 18 and relatively quiet / soft spoken. Only two girls have really flirted with me (shocking i know). I’ve hooked up with one of them and we got pretty close but that’s now fizzled out she just suddenly went quiet on me when I saw her next. but I’ve moved on now. The other girl was last week. we both flirted back and fourth and then i went to make a move and she said she would but she liked someone else more. I don’t have bad chat and I don’t think I’m bad looking either, but maybe the reason is because im brown and the girls in my friendship group are all white and it would be ‘weird’ to hook up with me. That’s just how I feel right now but I would like to know what any of you girls think?
Even if you are, they don't exactly deserve to get whipped for having preferences. Either you're blaming your problems on something as petty as skin colour or you're chatting up the wrong gorls
Reply 2
I assure you it's down to other things. It's only two girls you're basing this on
Maybe
Reply 4
Original post by Sataris
I assure you it's down to other things. It's only two girls you're basing this on

Could be, I’m just not sure at this moment if it’s worth me putting the effort with girls if I’m just continuously going to get rejected
i'm not a chick but i am brown:

Well u said u hooked up first and then she lost interest so i'm guessing u were just bad in the sack, dw with more experience the better u'll get. I don't think it's cus ur brown mate trust me, but if u have an accent it is a turn off....... it's not the skin colour it's the fcking ridiculously unattractive accent that goes along with it.

If u don't have an accent either then u might be punching above ur weight.... a lot of really attractive girls tend to string u along cus their insecure, but they tend to pick on men that are less attractive...... soooo....

in general just talk to more women two is not enough to base ur attractivness on but if this kinda stuff keeps happening then there's something wrong with u mate, just saying it like it is. But seriously tho u can't be quiet and expect women to flock to u, u have to be more outgoing.
(edited 5 years ago)
whats your skin colour?
Reply 7
Original post by ggghhh111222333
i'm not a chick but i am brown:

Well u said u hooked up first and then she lost interest so i'm guessing u were just bad in the sack, dw with more experience the better u'll get. I don't think it's cus ur brown mate, but if u have an accent it is a turn off....... it's not the skin colour it's the fcking ridiculously unattractive accent that goes along with it.

If u don't have an accent either then u might be punching above ur weight.... a lot of really attractive girls tend to string u along cus their insecure, but they tend to pick on men that are less attractive...... soooo....

in general just talk to more women two is not enough to base ur attractivness on but if this kinda stuff keeps happening then their's something wrong with u mate, just saying it like it is.

I don’t have an accent, and as hard as that is to take I see your point. Although there’s not much I can do about the punching above your weight thing, I think if one person doesn’t find you attractive it’s more than likely many others don’t either. It’s hard to take cause it’s not like I dont have good time witht them either
I mean you can't specifically without asking them think that it is your skin colour which is preventing them from going out with you. People normally aren't out to lie to your face so relax. I mean it might have been because of your reasoning but people can have their preferences and there are plenty of people who are indiscriminate that you can date if that is the problem.
Original post by KaviFer88
I don’t have an accent, and as hard as that is to take I see your point. Although there’s not much I can do about the punching above your weight thing, I think if one person doesn’t find you attractive it’s more than likely many others don’t either. It’s hard to take cause it’s not like I dont have good time witht them either

chill man, it's not the end of the world, trust me there are soooooo many women out there. If u're not the best looking guy in the room just make sure u're the best at something - personality, wealth, job/status. You're only 18 work on yourself - u're body, ur style .etc, in the end it'll make a huge difference when it comes to getting female attend and so in turn will boost ur self-confidence which of course also helps with getting girls.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending