The Student Room Group

mez's guide to not getting disowned: a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by mez_merising
lol I forgot to add my artwork on the previous post but here ya go!

wooowww so good!!!
Original post by RazzzBerries
Congrats! xx Oml a G9 in History is only a dream for me lmao

ahh I’m sure you’ll get it!
Original post by laurawatt
hope you enjoy the BTS concert!!! :biggrin:

thanks and I did!
Original post by rm.25
wooowww so good!!!

wahhh thank you!

Well I haven’t updated in- I’m not even gonna bother counting. I just didn’t expect the first half term of year 11 to be so busy as this!

also I saw bts on Wednesday and I can honestly say it was probably the best night of my life. it’s hard for me to believe it was even real but hey if you’re new to kpop then I suggest giving it a go! it won’t be long til you fall down the hole 😂😂

anyway so a week til halfterm damnnnnnnnnn my mocks are the Thursday back oh dear oh dear oh dear- and I have two days with three exams afhhhhhhhh

so I got my maths test back...ugh the probability question was disgusting and the nth term for exponentials?????? Like who?¿ so I got 33/43 which is 77% just two marks off an 8. ://// not really happy, I need to get back to my standard of maths.

In other news: art!
Oh golly gosh so my head of art is really concerned because my class is far far farrrrr behind and out art mock exam is on the 1st and 2nd of November and some people in my class are like really behind so he had a whole go at us and shouted blah blah. so we all felt even more depressed and worthless and regretting taking art (but seriously, do not take art)

then I left my book to be marked and came back at the end of the day when my teacher was marking it and then my head of art who shouted at us for not doing anything saw my work and then stuck out his hand and shook mine and said well done Mez well done. honestly felt like the bake off holy crap.

so yeah, eventful I guess?
im just super stressed because our school has this leadership conference on Friday and I’m speaking and haven’t written my speech yet and I’m running a food tasting workshop skskskksksksks why do I take on so much responsibility when I can’t handle it sighhhhhhhh
(edited 5 years ago)
sixth form update:
so I went to city of London girls, and was kinda underwhelmed? mainly because the private schools I’ve been to see prior have been stunningly beautiful and Hogwarts like but city was super super small like the corridors were tiny almost claustrophobic. and the chemistry labs are all the way on the fourth floor man I sweat just getting out of bed. but I’m doing the entrance exam on the 5th (right in the middle of mocks eeeeek) but idk what subjects to choose! we have to submit subjects that we will take for a level to sit an exam in, so I’m thinking
-chem
-bio
-maths
-physics or other agh

also my current schools open eve is on Monday and i really wanna do bio chem maths and psychology but my dad says pschy is not worth it as it doesn’t go in depth enough? then idk what to take.
physics I find interesting but I’m terrible at maths, I could do german but what has that got to do with med. maybe ethics but I can’t be asked to think all philosophical hghhhhhshhsshhs
ahh I’m sure you’ll get it!

Lol thanks for the faith but nahh xD
Wow, massive well done for your art, that's awesome!

Regarding psychology, has your dad looked into it? Because while I don't take it, a lot of my friends do and I'd totally disagree about lack of depth, there's tonnes of case studies and plenty of detail about different things that I totally don't understand :lol:
Your 4th doesn't need to link to medicine, you could do something to either show you're more an all rounder if you like, or more like a 'fun' subject, as long as you have bio, chem and preferably another "science" (maths included) they won't mind your other one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:rofl: well done for art!! (and a B in maths is still good :yep:)
i think any language is good for med :yes: what if one day you decide to work in germany as a doctor (or some other medical field person)? having german would be very useful
Original post by nyxnko_
:rofl: well done for art!! (and a B in maths is still good :yep:)
i think any language is good for med :yes: what if one day you decide to work in germany as a doctor (or some other medical field person)? having german would be very useful

A 7 is an A :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
sixth form update:
so I went to city of London girls, and was kinda underwhelmed? mainly because the private schools I’ve been to see prior have been stunningly beautiful and Hogwarts like but city was super super small like the corridors were tiny almost claustrophobic. and the chemistry labs are all the way on the fourth floor man I sweat just getting out of bed. but I’m doing the entrance exam on the 5th (right in the middle of mocks eeeeek) but idk what subjects to choose! we have to submit subjects that we will take for a level to sit an exam in, so I’m thinking
-chem
-bio
-maths
-physics or other agh

also my current schools open eve is on Monday and i really wanna do bio chem maths and psychology but my dad says pschy is not worth it as it doesn’t go in depth enough? then idk what to take.
physics I find interesting but I’m terrible at maths, I could do german but what has that got to do with med. maybe ethics but I can’t be asked to think all philosophical hghhhhhshhsshhs

Lol yeah london is cramped but londoner's like myself are used to it! I was thinking maybe psychology rather than physics cos it's more related to med? I'm studying it at GCSE level and it seems pretty sophisticated at times so i'm sure a-level will be a much more in depth subject
Original post by Lemur14
Wow, massive well done for your art, that's awesome!

Regarding psychology, has your dad looked into it? Because while I don't take it, a lot of my friends do and I'd totally disagree about lack of depth, there's tonnes of case studies and plenty of detail about different things that I totally don't understand :lol:
Your 4th doesn't need to link to medicine, you could do something to either show you're more an all rounder if you like, or more like a 'fun' subject, as long as you have bio, chem and preferably another "science" (maths included) they won't mind your other one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't even have to do 4 A-levels really. Most Uni's ask for 3
Original post by thestudent33
You don't even have to do 4 A-levels really. Most Uni's ask for 3

Yep definitely, but I'm pretty sure I've had a conversation about taking 3/4 with mez before (there is of course a possiblility I am entirely making that up) and she said she wanted to start with 4 so I wasn't gonna bring that into it
Original post by Lemur14
Yep definitely, but I'm pretty sure I've had a conversation about taking 3/4 with mez before (there is of course a possiblility I am entirely making that up) and she said she wanted to start with 4 so I wasn't gonna bring that into it

Aaah I see!

misread the post :facepalm:
lol I forgot to add my artwork on the previous post but here ya go!

wow that's amazing
OMG!!! i also went to see BTS!!!
how did you find it??
Original post by Ferrari101
wow that's amazing
OMG!!! i also went to see BTS!!!
how did you find it??

ah thank you!
omgggggg it was amaZINGGG
what day did you go on?
Loving the style in this one. I'd like to be a member of your tag squad!
Original post by Tolgarda
Loving the style in this one. I'd like to be a member of your tag squad!

ah thank you and of course! I’ll add you ASAP x
ah thank you!
omgggggg it was amaZINGGG
what day did you go on?

I went on Tuesday!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending