The Student Room Group

mez's guide to not getting disowned: a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

good luck! I hope you are very happy and proud of what you have achieved afterward x
Original post by peachystudy
good luck mez!! you'll do amazingly :hugs:
how are you feeling? i don't think i'll be able to sleep tonight :frown:

thank you!!! i hope you got some sleep :smile:
and i hope you got the grades you wanted!
Original post by nyxnko_
Borahae 💜 You've got this! :rave:

사랑해!!
Original post by TheCrypticOne
Good luck today!! :smile:

tysm!!
Original post by 04MR17
Smash it :jive:

will do :tongue:
Original post by Roses & Dreams
Best of luck Mez! :cube:
You have worked so hard, you're results will be amazing, you will be happy. :dumbells:
Go and ace them! :yep:

:hugs:
Original post by melisss22
Good luck Mez!!!!

:five:
Original post by Sinnoh
Good luck!! Hope you're celebrating right now

thank you! and yes i will be celebrating later on!!
Original post by PureHeroine
good luck! I hope you are very happy and proud of what you have achieved afterward x

im trying to be as happy as i can! but thank you so much :colondollar:
mez i thought i would get a 3 in english lit... i got a 7... i am super thankful, however it does suck because i was 3 marks away from an 8 lolol

dun dun duuuuun

ah well here we go!

[scroll]- results day - [/scroll]

note: in this post i will mention crying about stupid things n im sorry if you find anything mildly offensive i was just overly emotional lol!

so i woke up and i saw the calendar across my bed and my mind went aaaaaagah n then i prayed and slept again, i woke up around seven? and i checked all the boundaries, put them all onto my lil spreadsheet and tried to convince myself that i could do better than i did (ahahahahahah this ***** really thought she could get a 9 in maths and a 7 in art bwahahahahahhahahaaaaah)

and then so it was coming up to around half 8 and i needed to leave at around 9 to get to school for 10 but knowing me i was fully late i only had like toast and juice threw something on, made myself look presentable and went on my way

and then we had to park far away from my school and started walking for 10 mins in the wrong direction (lmao idk how i passed dofe) and then so 10 mins back and then 10 mins to the actual school (at this point i left behind my mum and lil sister bc it was like 11am and i still didn't have my envelope)

so i walked into school myself and my best friends were waiting n like 'mez what took you so long quick open it!!' and it was all happening v quickly so i went into our music centre, got my envelope and was ripping it open as i walked to the field bc i could not deal with the crowd of people around me. so i opened my results with just a couple of friends in the middle of the field..

and i honestly felt like crying (now you realise mez is a dumbo supreme) and i felt bad bc all my friends saw my sheet and said holy crap mez you've done amazing n all this nice stuff...but i was feeling so ****e

and then my form tutor came over to ask how i did and i tried to act happy n showed him my sheet and again he congratulated me but they all picked up that i was being far too quiet even my year leader was like hey mez are you ok?

and then i had to go find my mum in the crowd and i found her and literally couldn't speak i just handed her the sheet and she just said 'omg you did so well' and i fricking lost it i started bawling n she was so confused lol at least we were round the corner and not near anyone phew

anyway enough ew emotions yep i cried bc i got some 8s when i really wanted a 9 but hey some people failed today and i needed to be put into perspective and so i calmed down i talked to my dad on the phone and yea yea ok here's what you've been waiting for

my gcse results:

Spoiler

yep i wasn't over the moon initially n my eyes are still kinda stingy n my forehead is achy (i might need a nap actually wow im a baby) but i'm coming to terms with it.
i guess that's the thing of wishing for straight nines and the fact that maths was the first one i saw kinda screwed me over mentally.

but hey! im getting happier by the minute and im into sixth form which was the main goal!
confirmed for next year: bio chem maths & psychology +epq

it's just made me more driven to get that A* at a level for maths!

aww this is the end wow im sad now :frown:

this year's gyg has been amazing (and not only bc i stuck it out to the end lol) i've made so many new friends on here and had all this amazing support and love and ugh it just makes me feel all nice and glowy inside :smile:

thank you all so so much for reading!
i love you all so much
and congrats to my y11s omg how could i forget i am so so so SO proud of us aaaaah we did it!!!!!!!!

see you on the other side
y12...eek!
what date do you guys start? i go back on the 4th but we start at 10.45? eh..also leave me suggestions for my gyg name for next year lol i dont think imma be able to top this

and to conclude: nope i haven't been disowned! maybe its bc i cried my eyes out (and somehow my eyeliner stayed put) but my family and friends have all been so so supportive and just ugh i love love just like terry (if you get that ref ily mostest)

this is only the beginning!
stay tuned for more mez..wow maybe i should become a youtuber

<3

the bestest:

Spoiler

thank you once again!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Coolkitkat23
mez i thought i would get a 3 in english lit... i got a 7... i am super thankful, however it does suck because i was 3 marks away from an 8 lolol

aaaaahhh im so happy for ya!!!
what are you taking next year?
Well done!
can't believe you don't know the way to ur own school LMAO.
we're kinda similar. I got 6 grade 9's, two grade 8's, 1 A* and a 5 (in music, but we don't talk about her)
Original post by Obolinda
Well done!

thank youu :h:
Original post by jadarose
can't believe you don't know the way to ur own school LMAO.
we're kinda similar. I got 6 grade 9's, two grade 8's, 1 A* and a 5 (in music, but we don't talk about her)

heyyyy blame it on my school being in the middle of nowhere and every field looks the same lmao
and ooooomG!!!! congrats im sure you're well happy with those grades :smile:
what are you gonna do next?
Well done

My grades are not as amazing as yours but for me they are. I got: 3 9's , 2 8's and 5 7's and a distinction* in Health and social care.

Well done so proud of you x
Original post by mez_merising
aaaaahhh im so happy for ya!!!
what are you taking next year?

thanks dude!! im taking bio chem and maths
Original post by Chemist123
Well done

My grades are not as amazing as yours but for me they are. I got: 3 9's , 2 8's and 5 7's and a distinction* in Health and social care.

Well done so proud of you x

hey no, they are still stellar grades!!
and thank youu! <3 what did you get the 9s in if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Coolkitkat23
thanks dude!! im taking bio chem and maths

ahhh med gang?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending