poppywarb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello, I would like some help with how to remember all the tenses and their endings in Spanish as their is lots to learn for gcse?

THANKS
Kevin-
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by poppywarb)
hello, I would like some help with how to remember all the tenses and their endings in Spanish as their is lots to learn for gcse?

THANKS
Same I need help to remember. I'm trying Seneca learning but I need more help because I just got put down to set 2.
laurent22222222
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i speak fluent spanish and like you, when learning it i was confused with the tenses. My advice is to keep practicing it because it will come to you, put up sticky notes in your room or places you will visit around the house so you will see it a lot and it will stick on your mind. If you are stuck on verb endings, memorise the substitution you have to apply for the verb also, i memorised it in ways like ar- verbs i remembered the word arrogant, and called them arrogant verbs. It is extremely tricky to memorise it i will admit but if you put in the work, i guarantee you will remember it in the exam. The writing exam i did didn't consist of tons of having to conjugate verbs and tenses but there was a small part. You can always search ways on google as there are sometimes methods of remembering it like they teach you in maths or eng, e.g. like the bus stop method but for spanish words if you understand. Sorry i couldn't be of further help but good luck with your Spanish GCSE.
username4162760
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree with sticking post it notes around the house, its a very good idea
I also use the Quizlet website which I find is perfect for conjugations :thumbsup:
PurpleDolphin7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Look at the endings then try testing yourself by quickly writing down on scrap paper the ending from memory. Also, to help it stick in your head for a bit longer, you could practise doing the grammar exercises on 'languages online' (for tenses you're studying) as these get you to use your knowledge and applying it to different verbs. I think languages online is a really good for learning grammar.
RennLea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What our Spanish teacher does is find songs on YouTube to help us. For example, there was a song for the endings of 'ser' that was to the song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. It's cheesy, but it works!
Also, as the others have said, language apps like quizlet and memrise can be useful. It may be worth writing notes out for the tenses and highlighting them if you're a visual learner.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.93%
They might tell the bully (21)
10.4%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.34%
It might lead to more bullying (72)
35.64%
There's nothing they could do (62)
30.69%

Watched Threads