The Student Room Group

Biology, Chemistry and Physics for A level help, adivce, tips and experience?!

I'm starting on the 12th next week and I've been watching videos from like asap science and unjaded on how to revise and tips for starting year 12, specifically for science subjects and I already understand what I need to do like lots of past papers etc. I just got the CGP studentbooks for chemistry and physics(OCR A) not biology unfortunately because its WJEC Eduqas and I would like to know if I can get top marks and **** from just solely (not entirely ofc) from the student books. I mean I've been hearing a lot about how good for example flashcards(especially biology) and making notes after lessons(which is apparently a big regret not doing so) are and they did help with GCSE personally but do I really have to make and use them at A level because looking over these two student books I have just bought, they contain section summaries and **** and the way it's "immaculately" presented makes me want to actually revise from them, it seems like everything I need like no need of flaschards, mindmaps blurting **** out on paper. I only just found out that I am a visual learner so what tips can you give me for doing all these 3 sciences and also for WJEC Eduqas Biology what shall I use and it would be nice to have people giving me their opinions on the people who are doing the same exam boards as I have done and what to look out for like I've heard the mark scheme for biology is horrible at a level(maybe not as much with eduqas for example, idk?) and like chemistry is really hard first few months get better like with physics yada yada **** like this I want to know - it will be much appreciated!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by 144000
I'm starting on the 12th next week and I've been watching videos from like asap science and unjaded on how to revise and tips for starting year 12, specifically for science subjects and I already understand what I need to do like lots of past papers etc. I just got the CGP studentbooks for chemistry and physics(OCR A) not biology unfortunately because its WJEC Eduqas and I would like to know if I can get top marks and **** from just solely (not entirely ofc) from the student books. I mean I've been hearing a lot about how good for example flashcards(especially biology) and making notes after lessons(which is apparently a big regret not doing so) are and they did help with GCSE personally but do I really have to make and use them at A level because looking over these two student books I have just bought, they contain section summaries and **** and the way it's "immaculately" presented makes me want to actually revise from them, it seems like everything I need like no need of flaschards, mindmaps blurting **** out on paper. I only just found out that I am a visual learner so what tips can you give me for doing all these 3 sciences and also for WJEC Eduqas Biology what shall I use and it would be nice to have people giving me their opinions on the people who are doing the same exam boards as I have done and what to look out for like I've heard the mark scheme for biology is horrible at a level(maybe not as much with eduqas for example, idk?) and like chemistry is really hard first few months get better like with physics yada yada **** like this I want to know - it will be much appreciated!

I heard the marks for biology aren’t too bad, on my exam board you only need 60% for an A.
So you are doing biology, chemistry and physics for a level? Thank god, I thought I was the only one. Good luck with everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest