The Student Room Group

Why are guys so thirtsty in clubs?

(obvs not every guy so dont get your panties in a twist :smile: )

I went clubbing for the first time several days ago and i was dressed up a bit more than usual because it was for my friends birthday but some guy put his hands round my waist then grabbed my wrist, i literally tugged SEVERAL TIMES with a oh no you didnt/ shocked expression on my face
One guy pinched me
One guy asked for my sc and another called me beautiful when i walked past (fair enough)
Apparently some guys were peering at me from behind when i was dancing ( i wasn't wining or twerking or anything hella sexual like that so?)
BUTTT when i was dancing a couple of guys were staring into my soul making me feel hella uncomfortable. <<<< if you find someone attractive surly the last thing you'd do is to deeply stare at them for a prolonged amount of time.
EDIT: im not confused by the attention, im confused as to why they think that certain behaviours i.e. staring me out and grabbing wrists will benefit them.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BitMel

I went clubbing for the first time several days ago and i was dressed up a bit more than usual because it was for my friends birthday but some guy put his hands round my waist then grabbed my wrist, i literally tugged SEVERAL TIMES with a oh no you didnt/ shocked expression on my face
One guy pinched me
One guy asked for my sc and another called me beautiful when i walked past (fair enough)
Apparently some guys were peering at me from behind when i was dancing ( i wasn't wining or twerking or anything hella sexual like that so?)
BUTTT when i was dancing a couple of guys were staring into my soul making me feel hella uncomfortable. <<<< if you find someone attractive surly the last thing you'd do is to deeply stare at them for a prolonged amount of time.

Is that not what clubs are well known for? Guys going there for ONS. You don't go to a club expecting everyone to be having sophisticated discussions about Shakespeare.
Original post by BitMel

One guy pinched me

god, if Brits are now saying 'panties' instead of "knickers in a twist" we really are now a US colony
Reply 3
Original post by Constantine2018
Is that not what clubs are well known for? Guys going there for ONS. You don't go to a club expecting everyone to be having sophisticated discussions about Shakespeare.

well yh im not dumb but dont stare me out ( and not do anything) or grab random people.
A lot of men go clubbing only because they are looking to pick someone up.

Most of them go home disappointed and can't understand why their aura of sexual desperation does not help them get them laid.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CollectiveSoul
god, if Brits are now saying 'panties' instead of "knickers in a twist" we really are now a US colony

knickers is such a disgusting word. loll
Original post by BitMel
well yh im not dumb but dont stare me out ( and not do anything) or grab random people.

This is what happens at most clubs. Men aren't just going to suddenly stop doing this because you tell them to. If it bothers you, either don't go to clubs, take self-defence classes to protect yourself, or call the police.
Reply 7
It's warm and ale is a diuretic.
That's why girls get in for free. Because they're the only reason most of the men are there.
Reply 9
This is what happens at most clubs. Men aren't just going to suddenly stop doing this because you tell them to. If it bothers you, either don't go to clubs, take self-defence classes to protect yourself, or call the police.

are you gunna answer why they do it or just get salty. Im just confused as to why guys think doing that (grabbing wrists and staring out girls and not approaching) will work and get then laid tbh. Dont get your panties in a twist :wink: x
Reply 10
Original post by Sulfolobus
A lot of men go clubbing only because they are looking to pick someone up.

Most of them go home disappointed and can't understand why their aura of sexual desperation does not help them get them laid.

Lots of truth to this.

On the odd occasion I darken a club, I go to drink until 6am and very little else. Terrible behaviour.
Original post by BitMel
are you gunna answer why they do it or just get salty. Im just confused as to why guys think doing that (grabbing wrists and staring out girls and not approaching) will work and get then laid tbh. Dont get your panties in a twist :wink: x

I did answer it. I explained that is what happens at clubs. Clubs are known for being a place of hookups, hence why guys do this. I give practical advice. It is not being salty. I think it is more useful to tell someone to take precautions to protect their selves against gropers rather than questioning the motives behind perverts' actions.
Reply 12
Im not surprised by attention, Im surprised by how unsmooth and borderline creepy a lot were (since in most situations outside clubs the last thing they'd do is stare out something they find attractive or grab their wrists.). Wdym in fabric loll? like something flowy? and nah some guy came up to be, but i turned him down. I dont really like the idea of meeting someone at a club either.
Reply 13
They must be dehydrated upon entering the clubs. If they show signs of dehydration such as headaches and dry lips ensure they are directed to a source of hydration immediately. I have no idea what "twerking" has to do with their dehydration, please could someone clarify this?
Reply 14
I did answer it. I explained that is what happens at clubs. Clubs are known for being a place of hookups, hence why guys do this. I give practical advice. It is not being salty. I think it is more useful to tell someone to take precautions to protect their selves against gropers rather than questioning the motives behind perverts' actions.

no but i mean why would you behave in a way that hinders you chance to get what you want. but okay.
Reply 15
Put a guy on alcohol around a bunch of half dressed dancing girls and well i'm sure you can guess the rest. It's no secret guys aim to pull, they even have like a competition between other guys between who can score the most/fastest/hottest
Because the main reason the vast majority of men who go out clubbing do is because of the possibility of finding a sexual partner.

Think about it, how many couples go out clubbing? It happens, but they're merely needles in the haystack of single men desperate for a shag who go clubbing.

The alcohol certainly does a job, too.
Original post by BitMel
no but i mean why would you behave in a way that hinders you chance to get what you want. but okay.

Logic and common sense is not their forte.
Reply 18
Original post by 3121
Put a guy on alcohol around a bunch of half dressed dancing girls and well i'm sure you can guess the rest. It's no secret guys aim to pull, they even have like a competition between other guys between who can score the most/fastest/hottest

i wasn't half dressed thanks? and tbh no girls i saw were. Its one of those clubs were a lot of people dont try as hard to look nice.
Surely you've heard of the phrase "going out on the pull" and surely you're aware that alcohol has the tendency to make people uninhibited, lacking good judgment and horny :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending