The Student Room Group
Bournemouth is like an old ppls place, or so i hear.

Mostly quite and calm, but i think pretty good all the same.

Im not sure about portsmouth though sorry.

And if u can u should really go visit either one, that always help to make a final decision i think. :smile:
I live near Portsmouth and generally go there for nights out. It's pretty good, especially guildhall walk (by the town center) which has loads of bars/pubs/clubs etc and a massive (newish) club called liquid which is cool.
any questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 3
Bournemouth is not a very respect uni...Maybe for people from the north, but people around here think its a load of crap and a joke basically. Its good for arts though.

B/mouth is ok for nights out, there's also Poole which has some good pubs and a few nightclubs. Nightclubs in b'mouth are quite far from each other and can be a bit expensive, though that depends on the night/theme.

B'mouth has the reputation of being a geriatric beachfront...mainly because, at least a few years ago, it was. Its got a younger population now but you will probably notice the higher than average amount of nursing homes.

In general, b'mouth is an ok place, there are some rough areas and a lot of stupidly overpriced areas...its good for shopping but West Quay [Southampton] is better, the uni is considered a joke, but Dorset itself is stunning- but massively overpriced. I doubt I'll ever own a home here after graduation...My parents agree.
Reply 4

yeah ive seen bournemouth. seeing portsmouth next week.
thinng is, i need BBB for portsmouth but CCC for bournemouth. i think i'll get something along the lines of BCC. are they strict on grades?
because if they are, i may aswell but bournemouth as my 1st
Reply 5
I live half way between both of them and i would say that Bournemouth is a better night out and a much nicer place thn portsmouth. This is obviously just my opinion so dont let it put you off!! I dont think people take either university as a "joke" and i know people that enjoy going to both. :smile:
Reply 6
I'm at Portsmouth atm, lots of places to go. Liquid is the bar far the best club as its the newest. And someone said about guildhall walk... yeah its basically a street of bars. So plenty to pick from. I've pretty much been to them all and there is quite alot of places!
Reply 7
I went to portsmouth open day for psychology. it was okay....but i thought it was going to be better, didnt like the uni and accomdation that much. ive accepted it as my insurance tho, just hoping i get my first choice!
Bournemouth Uni is not a joke ¬.¬ It is awsome for things like media, film all that jazz. The clubs arnt that far away unless your a lazy ass. I mean you got about 3/4 in a line like Toko e.g.

It also not an old persons place. Yeh there old people here.. OMG :O but most been priced out and so they ever goin up north or left the country :P. B'mouth is a beautifal place.. Much better than Portsmouth ^.^.

(I know you prob made your choice but this for anyone else out there.)
HereWithMe89
Bournemouth is like an old ppls place, or so i hear.

Mostly quite and calm, but i think pretty good all the same.

i have lived in bournemouth for years, and though its popular opinion that its packed with oaps, u wont find many of them near the centre! its normally full of students, but can be a lot of holidaymakers is the only bad thing! ive been out in portsmouth too, and though its not bad i prefer the nightlife in bmth everytime!!

(no offence to anyone in portsmouth, but it does tend to be full of chavs, and well known to be in news for all the wrong reasons, violence etc...)

Latest

Trending

Trending