The Student Room Group

HELP I have no money for uni!

I'm going to uni next week and whilst trying to organise all of my belongings I have discovered that my maintenance loan barely covers my rent!

I'm going to be staying in halls at Anglia Ruskin uni in Cambridge, so it is all rather expensive, it's self catered and I'm going to have to figure out a way to gather some money to stay alive while I'm there! I'm also going to be travelling back and forth between a college and the uni for my course so I may need money for that - I'm hoping to get a bike but on horrible weather days I'll take the bus.

I've already put in my details on the employment bureau so hopefully I'll get a job whilst I'm there, is there any other way I can gain some money? (I'm not sure that my parents can even help out!)

Thank you xx
Original post by megwahh
I'm going to uni next week and whilst trying to organise all of my belongings I have discovered that my maintenance loan barely covers my rent!

I'm going to be staying in halls at Anglia Ruskin uni in Cambridge, so it is all rather expensive, it's self catered and I'm going to have to figure out a way to gather some money to stay alive while I'm there! I'm also going to be travelling back and forth between a college and the uni for my course so I may need money for that - I'm hoping to get a bike but on horrible weather days I'll take the bus.

I've already put in my details on the employment bureau so hopefully I'll get a job whilst I'm there, is there any other way I can gain some money? (I'm not sure that my parents can even help out!)

Thank you xx

Not really apart from working for it unless you are investment savvy but even then you need money to invest. A bike is a good option in all weather (except maybe snow or very high winds) if you are well equipped.

Quick Reply

Latest