My a levels aren’t amazing, can I get into medicine with a good ukcat score? Watch

smilingtab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m trying to get myself into medicine. I’m very passionate and determined to get in. My a level results aren’t the best and I only did 1 year of biomedical science. I have my ukcat booked for the end of this month and I’m hoping to get an amazing score that will cloud my previous academic achievement or lack of lol. Can I still get in?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What are your A-level results?
Unless you meet minimum entry requirements with them you won't get in
Khushi.S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You must get at least AAA to have a chance
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by smilingtab)
I’m trying to get myself into medicine. I’m very passionate and determined to get in. My a level results aren’t the best and I only did 1 year of biomedical science. I have my ukcat booked for the end of this month and I’m hoping to get an amazing score that will cloud my previous academic achievement or lack of lol. Can I still get in?
What did you get exactly for A Levels?

Did you actually achieve a degree?

Are you planning to go for undergraduate medicine or graduate entry medicine?
annacorriero
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It really depends on what you got and if you qualify for some kind of widening access scheme..
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
What ecolier said at 4. the fact is you know enough about medicine by now to be taking the ukcat so you should have an understanding how it works already.
Ecolier asked the relevant questions, but you never provided any of that relevant information.
officialmay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You can look into universities that prioritise ukcat scores rather than entirely focusing on the a level grades.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by euphorism)
You can look into universities that prioritise ukcat scores rather than entirely focusing on the a level grades.
:erm: How can you say that without even knowing what OP's grades are? No med school will accept someone below their standard offer even if they scored the maximum in UKCAT in the best SJT band
officialmay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’m guessing you didn’t get the minimum of AAA so you might wana resit the alevels, or do another degree, then get in through the graduate med course. Other than that, I’m pretty sure you can’t get in only with the ukcat.
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You could apply to Plymouth as a non-direct school leaver
smilingtab
Rep:
?
I was in touch with kings and until they asked me about ukcat they declined my application, so I’m thinking if I can get a good enough score I can try again at kings maybe?
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I was in touch with kings and until they asked me about ukcat they declined my application, so I’m thinking if I can get a good enough score I can try again at kings maybe?
Still haven't told us your exact A Level grades. We can't advise without knowing your statistics.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 6 months ago
If you want the best advice then it helps if when people ask for information you provide it so they can take it into account.

Without knowing jet details which you seem to be withholding then it becomes impossible to assess your situation and chances.

Presumably you really do want advice rather than answering your own questions?

Its not a trick.

ecolier
smilingtab
Rep:
?
Psychology, anatomy & physiology and double health and social care for Alevels C, C, C

I did an access course to get into biomedical science.

Completed first year of biomed only

I know I don’t have the best pre requisites but I really want to study medicine ☹️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise