ameliahawkins
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m doing fine art at Brookes this year! Anyone on the same course or have any reccs on how to find people on your course?
peachys
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you have the Campus Society app? I found a few people doing my course on there, join the Oxford Brookes channel and you'll find people.
Oxford Brookes Student Ambassadors
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ameliahawkins)
I’m doing fine art at Brookes this year! Anyone on the same course or have any reccs on how to find people on your course?
Hi Amelia,

Congratulations on your offer to do Fine Arts at Brookes! I'm sure you will love studying and living in Oxford.

Luckily, someone had started a FB group for my year's intake so I was able to find them quickly! I would recommend just joining as many FB groups as possible, maybe something or someone will pop up. Otherwise, you will meet lots of people from your course during induction week and I'd suggest trying to make it to freshers fair to sign up to some societies and you'll probably end up meeting more people from your course (or at least people with similar interests).

All the best for your first week! :-)

Tina
Student Ambassador
EmilyJoel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey Amelia, i’m actually studying psychology but am considering changing for fine art, do you think your course looks good?
ameliahawkins
Rep:
?
Hey! Yeah I think it looks really good... if you want to meet I could show you our timetable and the studios and stuff tomorrow or whenever and we could maybe see some of the staff and chat?
EmilyJoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, awh thanks so much! That would be really good, are you based at the Headington Campus? I’ll be heading down around lunchtime, if you’re free?
ameliahawkins
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmilyJoel)
Hey, awh thanks so much! That would be really good, are you based at the Headington Campus? I’ll be heading down around lunchtime, if you’re free?
The art campus is at Headington hill which is across the street from the main one, I was gonna go down to the freshers fair sometime around then anyway
EmilyJoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay cool, add me on Facebook- Emily Joel or I’ll message you on here tomorrow!
ameliahawkins
Rep:
?
Which one are you 😂
EmilyJoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh sorry haha! My profile picture is me sitting outside with a yellow stone wall behind me 😂 (I’m blonde)
EmilyJoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And it probs says that I worked at city of oxford college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Oxford Brookes University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Swindon Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (33)
18.23%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.73%
Unconditional if insurance (1)
0.55%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (3)
1.66%
No unconditional offers (130)
71.82%

Watched Threads