Health screening drug testing? Watch

Nytram85
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Good afternoon,

A client of mine that I provide some private advocacy work for is very anxious about the health screening due next week when he starts a Nursing course at a university in central Scotland. They recently came back from Amsterdam and unfortunately consumed some cannabis. They are not very anxious that during the health screening they will have a blood or urine test which will show that they have cannabis within their system.

Is anyone able to help this gentleman to relieve his worry? Any advice you 'll could offer would be very much appreciated.

Tried to call the uni today but all staff seem to have left for the day.

Kind regards
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
He may be checked a good friend of mine was before he started his childcare course but I guess everywhere is different.

Was it a first time use? According to the NHS:

[ul]
[li]an occasional or first-time user would probably test positive up to four days after last using[/li]
[li]a frequent user would probably test positive up to 10 days after last using[/li]
[li]a very heavy user could test positive up to one to two months after last using[/li]
[/ul]

Someone else may be able to confirm whether he will or not all I can offer is that if he gets on the course whether he gets tested and Comes out fine or he doesn't get tested he should definitely stop the cannabis.
It's not ideal for the kind of workplace he wants to be in and he will get fired and maybe even in serious trouble if he gets caught
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Occupational health testing does not include drug screening and certainly not without consent.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Nytram85)
Good afternoon,

A client of mine that I provide some private advocacy work for is very anxious about the health screening due next week when he starts a Nursing course at a university in central Scotland. They recently came back from Amsterdam and unfortunately consumed some cannabis. They are not very anxious that during the health screening they will have a blood or urine test which will show that they have cannabis within their system.

Is anyone able to help this gentleman to relieve his worry? Any advice you 'll could offer would be very much appreciated.

Tried to call the uni today but all staff seem to have left for the day.

Kind regards
They would only take any blood with permission and only for testing for if they were having a Hep B vaccination course.
mirrightf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
In high school they did random drug testing and they got me in senior year, they tested my hair and suspended me for two weeks. Since then I haven't smoked anymore as I know all good positions require pre-employment drug screening.
Last edited by mirrightf; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads