The Student Room Group

Cambridge Mphil Real Estate Finance 2019-2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oldenbarnevelt
Got accepted - awaiting approval by GAO. Really happy, hope to see you all this October! Will have an intensive internship ending the friday before the programme starts, so please don't be alarmed if I am a zombie in the first week :smile:

Congratulations!
may i ask when did submit your application and references?
Thanks guys :smile: Didn't post much here. I applied mid November with my references already submitted.

Congratulations !!
If you do not mind can you share your background
Reply 62
Sure. 4.0 from an average European university, multiple leadership experiences in committees, participated in the faculty Honours Programme with significant extracurricular credits achieved, a consultancy internships in mainland China, 2 internships in investment banking in Europe at a big4 firm and a global bank and a private equity internship at one of Europe's largest PE funds.

Congrats on the offer!
Reply 63
Got accepted - awaiting approval by GAO. Really happy, hope to see you all this October! Will have an intensive internship ending the friday before the programme starts, so please don't be alarmed if I am a zombie in the first week :smile:

Congratulation on your offer!

Do you mind adding the wechat for further connection if you have one: my ID: jackyreward919

Thanks !
Reply 64

Congrats man! Got rejected by LSE risk and finance. And i dont think i have a shot at the programme either :frown: one of my friend also got an offer from cambridge for finance course. We should really expect to recieve the final decision from them soon. Congrats again!
Hi guys, I just got an email today saying I was added to the waiting list. Seems like I’m gonna wait even longer... anyone suggestions? Thanks!
Reply 66
I've downloaded my application again just to check it - and was surprised that apparently all paragraph spacings were removed in the statement of interest. Tbh it's quite a pain to read the statement like that as its all in one piece. Did everyone else have the same issue, or was there any way to avoid this?
Reply 67
Original post by frank8867
Hi guys, I just got an email today saying I was added to the waiting list. Seems like I’m gonna wait even longer... anyone suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks for the update. When did you send in your application? I think this means they are waiting for more applications rather than the course being full (I hope!).
Original post by BorisJJ
Thanks for the update. When did you send in your application? I think this means they are waiting for more applications rather than the course being full (I hope!).

I applied around 10th November, but the status is still under review by the department tho, hope that helps!
I'm so happy to finally be posting this! Today my application status was changed to "Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office". Although not completely through the admissions process, this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Because many are likely curious to know the timeline, it took the Land Economy Department 13 1/2 weeks to reach a decision. For those of you already admitted, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and for those still waiting, good luck!
Original post by Wampahoofus
I'm so happy to finally be posting this! Today my application status was changed to "Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office". Although not completely through the admissions process, this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Because many are likely curious to know the timeline, it took the Land Economy Department 13 1/2 weeks to reach a decision. For those of you already admitted, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and for those still waiting, good luck!

Congratulations !!
Reply 71

Congratulations! A long wait but it was worth it!
Reply 72

Contragtulations on your progress. Could you share your background ? That would be really helpful, thank you !
Original post by JZ24097
Contragtulations on your progress. Could you share your background ? That would be really helpful, thank you !

I posted information about my background earlier in this discussion forum, possibly on page one. Feel free to check it out if you're interested!
Reply 74
I posted information about my background earlier in this discussion forum, possibly on page one. Feel free to check it out if you're interested!

Did you receive an email notification when your application status changed?
Original post by BorisJJ
Did you receive an email notification when your application status changed?

No, it was only updated in the online portal.
Reply 76
anyone happen to know when the next batch of decisions will be released approx?
Reply 77
Original post by pshard
anyone happen to know when the next batch of decisions will be released approx?

Same question here!

Although I received the email saying it would be the end of January but still didn't receive response at all...
Reply 78
Original post by JZ24097
Same question here!

Although I received the email saying it would be the end of January but still didn't receive response at all...

I think a bunch of people heard back. I imagine there will be another round of decisions at the end of the month.
Reply 79
Original post by BorisJJ
I think a bunch of people heard back. I imagine there will be another round of decisions at the end of the month.

Did you hear back from them and when did you submit the application? My friends around applying for this program didn't hear back at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending