The Student Room Group

The (Stressed) Koala's Studyblr

f9bf13a1041543597d98ea989579e0d79e3ed448r1-540-205v2_hq.jpg

Hey Guys!~:wavey:

I'm just going to go by 'Rea' - simply because my name is that unique it would be way to easy to find me elsewhere. I'm a 17-year-old student from Scotland and have just gone into S6 (my last year of high school thank god!) so got to try and make it count at least!

My future plans are that hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be able to move down south to either Edinburgh or Glasgow for college/university! Originally I was hoping to go in to study Psychology, but now it seems like I will be going in to study Art even further, not that I mind of course! Anyways~ My lifetime work goal is to eventually become either an Art or Play Therapist working with Children or Young People - at least either uni degree will let me finally end up in the same place!

Random Facts! :koala:

Cause hey why not? We'll hopefully be in this a long time with one another so let's get to know one each other first huh? It's only polite~

Koalas are my spirit animal and most of my friends agree

I'm the 'mum' friend in my small friend group

I'm a proud Slytherin (if you couldn't tell my the green theme going on)

I listen to legit any kind of music (rock, kpop, classical, yadda yadda yadda - you get the idea)

I like anime but haven't watched some for ages RIP

My handwriting is messy so most of my notes are written in print (lord help all your eyes, sorry guys) or typed up all nice and pretty.

I want to travel when I (eventually) am able to obtain money, especially those places I have international friends in

You will also find me of the School Amino and on Tumblr under the same name as this discussion

My Grades So Far!

So these grades combined are from both my time in S4 and S5 combined and are a combination of National 5 and Highers. I will put the subject's highest grade level first before the National 5 in brackets~

Higher Art & Design - A (Nat 5 - A)

Higher English - C (Nat 5 - A)

Higher Psychology - C (Nat 5 - A)

Higher Human Biology - D (Nat 5 - B)

National 5 Chemistry - C

National 5 Maths - D

As you can see, some of my grades slipped compared to the year before but this was partially due to real life matters at hand...

What I'm Studying This Year!

This year - my final year before uni/college whoop - I'm only really studying 3 subjects, one of which involves 6 hours of work experience. Per week. Yay!

Advanced Higher Art

Advanced Higher English

Foundation Apprenticeship Social Services (Children and Young People)

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Best of luck!! :rave:
EDIT: just found your studyblr on tumblr and it is really cute :love:
(edited 5 years ago)
I love your motivation:smile:
Good Luck! It's great to see more Scottish GYG's :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
Best of luck!! :rave:
EDIT: just found your studyblr on tumblr and it is really cute :love:

Thank you I'm glad you like it and think so~ 💖
Original post by breaththinkdream

f9bf13a1041543597d98ea989579e0d79e3ed448r1-540-205v2_hq.jpg

Hey Guys!~:wavey:

I'm just going to go by 'Rea' - simply because my name is that unique it would be way to easy to find me elsewhere. I'm a 17-year-old student from Scotland and have just gone into S6 (my last year of high school thank god!) so got to try and make it count at least!

My future plans are that hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be able to move down south to either Edinburgh or Glasgow for college/university! Originally I was hoping to go in to study Psychology, but now it seems like I will be going in to study Art even further, not that I mind of course! Anyways~ My lifetime work goal is to eventually become either an Art or Play Therapist working with Children or Young People - at least either uni degree will let me finally end up in the same place!

Random Facts! :koala:

Cause hey why not? We'll hopefully be in this a long time with one another so let's get to know one each other first huh? It's only polite~

Koalas are my spirit animal and most of my friends agree

I'm the 'mum' friend in my small friend group

I'm a proud Slytherin (if you couldn't tell my the green theme going on)

I listen to legit any kind of music (rock, kpop, classical, yadda yadda yadda - you get the idea)

I like anime but haven't watched some for ages RIP

My handwriting is messy so most of my notes are written in print (lord help all your eyes, sorry guys) or typed up all nice and pretty.

I want to travel when I (eventually) am able to obtain money, especially those places I have international friends in

You will also find me of the School Amino and on Tumblr under the same name as this discussion

My Grades So Far! :dontknow:

So these grades combined are from both my time in S4 and S5 combined and are a combination of National 5 and Highers. I will put the subject's highest grade level first before the National 5 in brackets~

Higher Art & Design - A (Nat 5 - A)

Higher English - C (Nat 5 - A)

Higher Psychology - C (Nat 5 - A)

Higher Human Biology - D (Nat 5 - B)

National 5 Chemistry - C

National 5 Maths - D

Attachment not found

As you can see, some of my grades slipped compared to the year before but this was partially due to real life matters at hand...

What I'm Studying This Year! :pizza:

This year - my final year before uni/college whoop - I'm only really studying 3 subjects, one of which involves 6 hours of work experience. Per week. Yay!

Advanced Higher Art

Advanced Higher English

Foundation Apprenticeship Social Services (Children and Young People)

:wavey:

I'd love to be tagged in your updates, as it's always great to see Scottish people getting involved with GYG! :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Labrador99
:wavey:

I'd love to be tagged in your updates, as it's always great to see Scottish people getting involved with GYG! :smile:

Spoiler

oof thank you! I actually thought I posted the one with my name scored out but obviously not 😂 and I'll tag you if you want I'm looking forward to keeping this up to date!
oof thank you! I actually thought I posted the one with my name scored out but obviously not 😂 and I'll tag you if you want I'm looking forward to keeping this up to date!

No problem! It seems like when you've went to edit, some of what was originally in your post has disappeared (and the picture is still there) though!

Hey Guys!

First update post here since my introduction to the grow your grades competition~ So far I've been back to school for just over a whole month already and times seeming to pass quickest yet.

So far I've started on my individual object studies for art, of which I've been so hungry whilst doing cause y'know, CAKES! I'll post some of my favourite pieces below but i you want to check out my official art Instagram account, here it is: https://instagram.com/sketchbook.koala?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=yhykojcsh39h

Capture.PNG
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
trig.jpg

However in English we've just been starting on our poetry by Carol Anne Duffy and general critical analysis overviews. Fun Fact: both are done completely different compared to National 5 and Higher, so now we've got to learn new techniques and stuff yet again- whoop- I've also made a start on my dissertation but have no clue where to go from the introduction.

Anyways that's all I can really say for now to be honest. Not much interesting stuff has happened as of yet but I'll update you when there is!

Also I'll post my bedroom/study when it's finished being decorated, so there's that to look forward too~

Cya!

New Tag List
So starting a new thing I've seen a couple of other people doing - a tag list! If you wish to be notified with a new update with my journey through my last year of high sc,
hool feel free just to
reply to this post~ I already have a couple of people interested so I hope you will look forward to it.
On A Side Note
My room is finally finished being decorated and all i need to do is sort out my study space within it. I'll make a post dedicated to that once its completely done. Let you all see a room tour of sorts~

Cya~
Tag me please! And check out my GYG if you want?
would love to be added to your tag list :yes:

Hey Guys!

Sorry the late update, life has been sort of hectic for me recently. Both with school and from being a young carer. But hey I can get it to work with simple scheduling as best as I can.

General School Updates

Talking about schedules - my timetable is sorta almost complete? I checked back with the deputy rector who deals with it and he said it doesn't matter as much with me since he trusts that I won't skive off. But yeah below is a short one I managed to pull together.

schedule (1).png

As you can see I have finally got work experience at the primary school attached to my actual high school (don't ask - the highland council thought it would be a good idea). I'm with Primary 4 pupils until lunch time and then in the afternoon, I'm helping down at the nursery area of the school.

You can also see that my Advanced Higher Art isn't actually scheduled but I just fit that in around my other subjects as I like and can manage. This usually ends with a full Wednesday stuck in the art classroom studio kind of area I now call home. :gthumb:

A Change Of Plans?
So yeah- this is a thing that is happening- As those who have read my introductionary post already know, I was going to go in to university to do Art of some form. After many a day thinking about this , I have decided to go back to my original idea of following on with my (Child/Developmental) Psychology.
However I will need to do this as an HNC in Psychology first or at least find an HNC which I can then progress onto a full Psychology degree.
IN the end this will both lead me to where I finally want to be but I think I have a better chance of employment too if I do this Degree first.

Out of School Activities
So recently I had my induction at the local gym as to 1. go along with my friends and 2. actually try and get fit and tone up. :dumbells: Though I have the feeling that I will stay away from treadmills- They feel so awkward to run or even walk on and I find it hard to run to begin with. Anyone have any tips it would be greatly appreciated! For now I think I will just stick to the bikes.

I'm also planning on going trick or treating this year with my friends and one of them's daughter (who is only 2 and is honestly so squishy). Yes, I am subtly going to dress up. I've got one of them tshirt dresses from Tescos with a skeleton on the front. I'm still debating between just leginging or whether I should get some fishnets to wear with them cause why not. Not gonna do a full face of skeleton makeup though - just a smokey eye and some red lipstick.
My dog also has a skeleton jumper so we can match~ as cheesy as that may sound.

But that's all for now! Cya~

Hey Guys!

Sorry the late update, life has been sort of hectic for me recently. Both with school and from being a young carer. But hey I can get it to work with simple scheduling as best as I can.

General School Updates

Talking about schedules - my timetable is sorta almost complete? I checked back with the deputy rector who deals with it and he said it doesn't matter as much with me since he trusts that I won't skive off. But yeah below is a short one I managed to pull together.

schedule (1).png

As you can see I have finally got work experience at the primary school attached to my actual high school (don't ask - the highland council thought it would be a good idea). I'm with Primary 4 pupils until lunch time and then in the afternoon, I'm helping down at the nursery area of the school.

You can also see that my Advanced Higher Art isn't actually scheduled but I just fit that in around my other subjects as I like and can manage. This usually ends with a full Wednesday stuck in the art classroom studio kind of area I now call home. :gthumb:

A Change Of Plans?
So yeah- this is a thing that is happening- As those who have read my introductionary post already know, I was going to go in to university to do Art of some form. After many a day thinking about this , I have decided to go back to my original idea of following on with my (Child/Developmental) Psychology.
However I will need to do this as an HNC in Psychology first or at least find an HNC which I can then progress onto a full Psychology degree.
IN the end this will both lead me to where I finally want to be but I think I have a better chance of employment too if I do this Degree first.

Out of School Activities
So recently I had my induction at the local gym as to 1. go along with my friends and 2. actually try and get fit and tone up. :dumbells: Though I have the feeling that I will stay away from treadmills- They feel so awkward to run or even walk on and I find it hard to run to begin with. Anyone have any tips it would be greatly appreciated! For now I think I will just stick to the bikes.

I'm also planning on going trick or treating this year with my friends and one of them's daughter (who is only 2 and is honestly so squishy). Yes, I am subtly going to dress up. I've got one of them tshirt dresses from Tescos with a skeleton on the front. I'm still debating between just leginging or whether I should get some fishnets to wear with them cause why not. Not gonna do a full face of skeleton makeup though - just a smokey eye and some red lipstick.
My dog also has a skeleton jumper so we can match~ as cheesy as that may sound.

But that's all for now! Cya~

:woo: for getting work experience and your timetable sorted! :smile:
Hope you have a good Halloween when it comes :smile:
Good Luck! Love this so much , your art is amazingg and it's so nice to see Scots on here xoxo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending