ECONOMICS failed trial x2 Watch

nikodemonpc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hello welcome to my world, where I revise economics and still manage to fail it. Recently I did a level micro and macro paper 50/50 which was out of 88 marks and I got a terrible 31 which turned out to be a U. Before we broke up for Summer holidays we were told that everyone that got a U has to resit the paper, so I did... 33 marks out of 88 after resit, I know.. i'm a consistent student 😁😭😭😭. Before we broke up we were offered to do btec level 3 finance or business *equivalent to A level* or atleast the people that did poor. Now Ive heard a story of a girl that got an E and ended up with an A or A* at the end of year. Ive just started my 2nd year and I Dont know if to continue this...

I was planning to study at uni or do an apprentership.

My teacher also said that what I got in the TRIAL + 1 grade will be my ucas prediction... Now with a D I dont think ill go far...

How I revised:
Ive redone all my notes on subject booklets.
ive went through the notes once and highlighterd them.
looked at mark schemes and past papers, didnt write them**

Im wondering if it would benefit me more to study the btec for last year instead of revising for a fail.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3257996
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Here's what I'd suggest:

- study using the syllabus (I swear if you type that out in the search box, you'll see that I have been giving this advice A LOT)

- ALWAYS make notes using the syllabus objectives and then keep studying those notes plus use them whilst doing past papers. These notes should be like an "answer" to all the bullet points / objectives in the syllabus

example:
• students must know the value of pi

your note should be:
- pi has the value of 3.14159...

••••••••••
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?