The Student Room Group

Ear lobe piercing???

Got my ear lobes pierced sometime at he end of june (over 3 months ago) In a tattoo parlor with a professional piercer. It was done with a needle and I have not cleaned them everyday for awhile with a saline solution. Theres been no sign of infection but after a month i asked my piercer to change my normal bar with 2 screw ends to a hoop earing. She took one out and put the hoop in but it was really painful and bled so we went back to the bar. Its now been another month and i can lay on them fine but they still ache alittle if i move the bar round alot. Should i try wnd change to a hoop now? Advice pleaseee
A month is very early to change your piercings even with a piercer to help- a lot of piecers suggest it's better not to touch them for 8-12 weeks these days, although everyone heals at different rates.

Most piercings do ache a little for a while after they are done, it can take months for this to stop and if it is just a mild ache with no swelling/pus then it's not a cause for concern.

It also sounds like you stopped cleaning them quite early on?

Personally, I would leave them along for another 4 weeks or so and let them heal up a bit more before worrying about changing them. It sounds like you fiddled with them a bit too early which may have caused them to heal more slowly. Ideally you should be touching the bars as little as possible except to clean them at this stage.

If you really want to change for a hoop now, you probably can, but personally I would be patient- I think it's worth being patient in the early days, soon they will be pain free and you can change them as often as you want.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending