jiaacc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I'm a Scottish student who has achieved 5A's in my Highers. I am planning to apply for Medicine but rather than have a science-related 5th choice, I would like to apply for Accounting.

Do you think that would be possible? Would my application be considered since the personal statement would be focussed on Medicine and not Accounting?
X1PRINCE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know I am going into Sixth form but I think my career adviser said that you have to be fairly passionate towards one degree but if you have two the university might think you might not care and are not focused on one choice and furthermore not "passionate enough". If you know what I mean by this?
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jiaacc)
Hello, I'm a Scottish student who has achieved 5A's in my Highers. I am planning to apply for Medicine but rather than have a science-related 5th choice, I would like to apply for Accounting.

Do you think that would be possible? Would my application be considered since the personal statement would be focussed on Medicine and not Accounting?
Hi jiaacc - thanks for your message and interest in Strathclyde!

I'm afraid what X1PRINCE has said below is correct . I can't speak for every other University, but if you applied to Accounting at the University of Strathclyde with a personal statement which was entirely focused on Medicine, the likelihood of being made an offer would be quite slim. It is particularly difficult with vocational degrees as the admissions officer/academic selector will want to see evidence that you are focused on that particular course/career path. Accounting is one of our most popular/competitive courses at Strathclyde, so the admissions team would really want to see a personal statement relevant to Business/Accounting.

I hope this helps and apologies I do not have a more positive answer for you - one personal statement for 5 course choices can prove difficult!

If you have any other questions let me know and I would be happy to help.

Best of luck - Sarah - Strathclyde rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Strathclyde
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads