MissCarter786
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, im currently in year 13 contemplating whether i should pick accounting and finance or business mangement and finance.
For my A Levels i am studying, Media, Psychology, Philosophy and English Literature.

Many Universities don't expect A Level maths , many just look for a grade 4 for maths for Accounting and Finance. However, i achieved a 6 and received an B for business studies.

I am dreading about the maths because i have not studied A Level Maths unlike people on my course may have a stronger foundation. What do you think?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MissCarter786)
Hello, im currently in year 13 contemplating whether i should pick accounting and finance or business mangement and finance.
For my A Levels i am studying, Media, Psychology, Philosophy and English Literature.

Many Universities don't expect A Level maths , many just look for a grade 4 for maths for Accounting and Finance. However, i achieved a 6 and received an B for business studies.

I am dreading about the maths because i have not studied A Level Maths unlike people on my course may have a stronger foundation. What do you think?
I think it stands to reason that an Accounting and Finance degree will have more maths content than a Business Management degree. So you may enjoy your time on a business related course more. However, if a course does not require A Level Maths then that means that you can do well on it without having A Level Maths - and it means you won't be the only one without it. I'd suggest you spend some time looking at the careers you're interested in pursuing, and which of Accounting or Business is better to get you access to those careers.
Shazam16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

Don't worry if you don't do A-level maths, I got kicked out of A-level maths and did completely random subjects. I ended up doing accounting and finance at Southampton and currently I'm on a placement year in the accounting industry and on track for a 1st at university. I've seen people with A-level further maths struggle with accounting and finance, not because of the math concept but because of the theory and understanding the principles of accounting. To study accounting and finance you just need basic maths knowledge and just apply yourself.

You will do well if you just believe in yourself. Don't let grades or subjects determine what you do with your future.

Hope I helped.

MissCarter786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shazam16)
Hi

Don't worry if you don't do A-level maths, I got kicked out of A-level maths and did completely random subjects. I ended up doing accounting and finance at Southampton and currently I'm on a placement year in the accounting industry and on track for a 1st at university. I've seen people with A-level further maths struggle with accounting and finance, not because of the math concept but because of the theory and understanding the principles of accounting. To study accounting and finance you just need basic maths knowledge and just apply yourself.

You will do well if you just believe in yourself. Don't let grades or subjects determine what you do with your future.

Hope I helped.

Hey there, what are you currently covering and how have you found it so far? Im a really hardworking person and i am predcted AAAs this year.
Shazam16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You cover various things from financial accounting, management accounting, laws, principles, audit and taxation. It depends really on the university and modules you pick. So far I am enjoying it but I do recommend doing some work experience in accounting if you decide to take accounting and finance as a degree to improve your knowledge and understanding.
username4267864
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the fundamental question is what do u want to do after the degree? if accountant then an ACCA apprenticeship is better
MissCarter786
Rep:
?
(Original post by ollie94-)
the fundamental question is what do u want to do after the degree? if accountant then an ACCA apprenticeship is better
I would like to work in a banking firm
username4267864
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MissCarter786)
I would like to work in a banking firm
take A and F, or economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads