TheGame314
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone!

Yeah, I've just started Year Ten, and now I realise that I should've appreciated KS3 while I had the chance, smh.

I'm going for all 9's. Why not?

Subjects I'm taking:

Spoiler:
Show

Maths (Edexcel)
Further Mathematics (AQA)
Statistics (Edexcel)
English Language (AQA)
English Literature (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
History (AQA)
Geography (AQA)
French (AQA)
Spanish (AQA)
Music (Eduqas)

Insanity? Quite possibly.

End-of-Year-Nine grades:

Spoiler:
Show

Maths: 9
English: 9
Biology: 7
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 4
History: 6
Geography: 5
French: 5
Spanish: 4
Music: 6

(The Science ones were based off end-of-module tests from the first bit of the GCSE course. All the others were done with GCSE-style papers).

A bit about me:

Spoiler:
Show

I spend most of my free time:

- Studying maths (focusing on UKMT-style stuff)
- Playing the clarinet/cello (going for Grade 6)
- Listening to music (I love the musical Hamilton, as well as rap/hip-hop in general. Does anyone have recommendations?)
- Spending time with my dogs (two little papillons)
- Wasting time online (currently addicted to TSR, reading The Guardian, and playing Town of Salem). Yeah, gotta stop procrastinating.
- Being part of my county youth council
- General study, revision, and homework

There you go! I hope you've made it this far. Would love to hear from you!
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! good luck in gcse. the amount of subjects you picked is a lot!! you'll need a lot of time to prepare for that but you got 2 years

you clearly are good in maths when you like doing it in your free time and picked further maths as well! being addicted to some TSR is not as bad as it sounds - you really are just getting your head distracted from the constant studying by doing something else!

And yes, you really should've appreciated KS3. My girl friend has been complaining to me about how hard it's been on her and it's just the opening week. she's got no clue what's coming for her in the next 2 years. it is kinda funny to see Y10s be so clueless tho :rofl:
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
MaizieAmyr nyxnko_ kekedoyouloveme? offer some love
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Best of luck with Year 10!! :rave:
That's a lot of GCSEs for one sitting. Are you taking some this year?
Year 10 isn't that bad once you look back. It's only ever overwhelming when you go through it :yes:
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh damn loads of my friends did music and ended up with B's but is all good as long as you really enjoy and like music you'll be fine.. i' personally didn't take music.. good luck though! you'll do great!
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
MaizieAmyr nyxnko_ kekedoyouloveme? offer some love
I think I could potentially give the OP a potential heart attack by what I just said..
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
oh damn loads of my friends did music and ended up with B's but is all good as long as you really enjoy and like music you'll be fine.. i' personally didn't take music.. good luck though! you'll do great!
I think I could potentially give the OP a potential heart attack by what I just said..
you arent a keen motivator, are you now..
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you arent a keen motivator, are you now..
coming from a pessimistic person i' really ain't but I try to be.. the op will look at my comment and be like i will listen to this weirdo and smash my GCSE'S.. that's what my comment will do.. I'm inspiring at times..
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
coming from a pessimistic person i' really ain't but I try to be.. the op will look at my comment and be like i will listen to this weirdo and smash my GCSE'S.. that's what my comment will do.. I'm inspiring at times..
you keep telling yourself that, im sure if you repeat it long enough you'll end up believing it to be the truth

hard work and dedication is all that's necessary for A*s&As @ GCSE. It's the long term of nearly 2 years where you gotta work hard; not for 2 weeks. That means not burning yourself out is the key - aka take regular breaks and even the occasional Friday evening off/weekend off, go out with friends, have some drinks, smoke a bit, relax.

edit; OP is underaged so dont drink or smoke but do relax
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
stop scaring the kids!! :fuhrer:
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you keep telling yourself that, im sure if you repeat it long enough you'll end up believing it to be the truth

hard work and dedication is all that's necessary for A*s&As @ GCSE. It's the long term of nearly 2 years where you gotta work hard; not for 2 weeks. That means not burning yourself out is the key - aka take regular breaks and even the occasional Friday evening off/weekend off, go out with friends, have some drinks, smoke a bit, relax.

edit; OP is underaged so dont drink or smoke but do relax
preach for the people like me at the back *Claps enthusiastically*.. yeah i'll keep telling myself that, i'll let how great I am sink into my subconscious.. but my mind is quite stubborn.
edit: i totally didn't google the spelling of subconscious

oh yeah and OP you don't need xanax to help get through GCSE's literally a hot chocolate and dancing to your favourite song will do the trick..
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nyxnko_)
stop scaring the kids!! :fuhrer:
I don't mean too.. it came out wrong :ahee:
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
are you doing triple science
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
preach for the people like me at the back *Claps enthusiastically*.. yeah i'll keep telling myself that, i'll let how great I am sink into my subconscious.. but my mind is quite stubborn.
edit: i totally didn't google the spelling of subconscious

oh yeah and OP you don't need xanax to help get through GCSE's literally a hot chocolate and dancing to your favourite song will do the trick..
:rofl:

lowkey i'll be on pills when i start working. that'll make me so calm, relaxed and being able to concentrate. if i could legally have such prescription pills already, i'd be down and i'd pop pills on a daily. just sayin', you can join me and we can become addicts
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't mean too.. it came out wrong :ahee:
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thegame314)
hey everyone!

Yeah, i've just started year ten, and now i realise that i should've appreciated ks3 while i had the chance, smh.

I'm going for all 9's. Why not?

Subjects i'm taking:

Spoiler:
Show

maths (edexcel)
further mathematics (aqa)
statistics (edexcel)
english language (aqa)
english literature (aqa)
biology (aqa)
chemistry (aqa)
physics (aqa)
history (aqa)
geography (aqa)
french (aqa)
spanish (aqa)
music (eduqas)

insanity? Quite possibly.

end-of-year-nine grades:

Spoiler:
Show

maths: 9
english: 9
biology: 7
chemistry: 7
physics: 4
history: 6
geography: 5
french: 5
spanish: 4
music: 6

(the science ones were based off end-of-module tests from the first bit of the gcse course. All the others were done with gcse-style papers).

a bit about me:

Spoiler:
Show

i spend most of my free time:

- studying maths (focusing on ukmt-style stuff)
- playing the clarinet/cello (going for grade 6)
- listening to music (i love the musical hamilton, as well as rap/hip-hop in general. Does anyone have recommendations?)
- spending time with my dogs (two little papillons)
- wasting time online (currently addicted to tsr, reading the guardian, and playing town of salem). Yeah, gotta stop procrastinating.
- being part of my county youth council
- general study, revision, and homework

there you go! I hope you've made it this far. Would love to hear from you!
are you doing triple science
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

lowkey i'll be on pills when i start working. that'll make me so calm, relaxed and being able to concentrate. if i could legally have such prescription pills already, i'd be down and i'd pop pills on a daily. just sayin', you can join me and we can become addicts
who's to say i'm not an addict already, you know I'm a 17 year old notorious dealer, yeah you heard right.. yeah 5'3 girl is launching her own business, I'm like the next Alan Sugar.. honestly if you want some of 'that good good stuff' let me know.. I get shipments every week
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're doing so many subjects wowImage
Good luck! And a 9 in maths already holy moly you're gonna do great
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nyxnko_)
i have good intentions i'm not a meanie.. just misunderstood... that or maybe I like scaring the jesus out of people.. i'm a sociopath what can I say?
(im not a sociopath but for arguments sake we can pretend i am one if my mum hears she won't be happy)
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who's to say i'm not an addict already, you know I'm a 17 year old notorious dealer, yeah you heard right.. yeah 5'3 girl is launching her own business, I'm like the next Alan Sugar.. honestly if you want some of 'that good good stuff' let me know.. I get shipments every week
hook me up when i get to london
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads