I booked accidentally booked Penryn Exeter campasa instead of the main one Watch

Cait234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would it be possible to just turn up or will I be barred from entering
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Generally unis take open day bookings so they know how many staff/helpers they'll need, how many refreshments, which halls to book for which talks and so on... Turning up without booking will make their jobs harder, but while they may take registration for some stuff I doubt you'll be refused entry to the campus (it is a public uni after all). Are there no spaces left for the main campus?
Film
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will have no problem.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When you say "booked", what do you mean? You accepted an offer from the Cornwall campus or you booked accommodation on the Cornwall campus? In the latter case, as above they should be able to provide some advice but be aware you're likely to going to end up in private halls (e.g. UNITE). I would suggest you start looking at the accommodation available in Exeter now for that, and see what you can do about withdrawing from your current contract and what of your deposit you can recoup.

The former case is a different matter entirely; you will have accepted a place on a different degree programme then. I would suggest contacting them as soon as possible - before attending the induction - to discuss your options and advise them you didn't mean to apply to the course on that site. They may be able to accept you onto the relevant course on the main campus, but there is no guarantee, although if the course was in clearing it's a reasonable chance. If they can't take you on the main campus course, then you can either go to the Cornwall campus course or withdraw from the uni and reapply for next year.

As above the campus isn't a gated community to actually stand on the land and e.g. enter the Forum etc. However, they aren't going to give you card access, set up your IT facilities etc etc if you aren't actually due to be registered on a course on that campus. In the same vein, you won't be entered to the exams etc if you aren't actually a student for that campus. Thus if you have applied for the wrong course then you need to negotiate this with them but they are under no obligation to accept you onto a different course (which it is, as the degree programmes between the campuses, even where they have the same name, are different as they have different options and naturally are taught by different faculty).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
39.08%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise