MelJackson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi

I graduated with a 2.1 Hons in child and family studies in 2010. I am now working in a very different area, and wish to undertake a degree in financial technology.

Is this funded, or is there a link to a list of qualifying courses?

The link is below, but please advise if it can be funded can this be full time or does it need to be part time?

And if only part time is funded can I pay the fee difference to complete on a full time basis?

Many thanks

Mel

https://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/Undergr...ogyManagement/
Gerard SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Mel

For students applying for support through Student Finance England, if you have previously undertaken a full time course and achieved a qualification to receive the full package of funding you would need to study Nursing, Midwifery or an Allied Health Professional course for a second degree.

If you are going on to study part time, students could be eligible to receive support for a second qualification if studying for a part time Honours Degree, Joint Honours Degree or Integrated Masters Degree in one of the following.

• Engineering (H)
  • Computer Science (I)
  • Technologies (J)
  • Subjects Allied to Medicine (B)
  • Biological Sciences (C)
  • Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural & Related Subjects (D)
  • Physical Sciences (F)
  • Mathematical Sciences (G)

If the course JACS code begins with any letter other than (H, I, J, B, C, D, F or G) it does not qualify as a part time exception course.

Thanks
Gerard
MelJackson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Gerard SFE)
Hi Mel

For students applying for support through Student Finance England, if you have previously undertaken a full time course and achieved a qualification to receive the full package of funding you would need to study Nursing, Midwifery or an Allied Health Professional course for a second degree.

If you are going on to study part time, students could be eligible to receive support for a second qualification if studying for a part time Honours Degree, Joint Honours Degree or Integrated Masters Degree in one of the following.

[ul]
[li]Engineering (H)[/li]
[li]Computer Science (I)[/li]
[li]Technologies (J)[/li]
[li]Subjects Allied to Medicine (B)[/li]
[li]Biological Sciences (C)[/li]
[li]Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural & Related Subjects (D)[/li]
[li]Physical Sciences (F)[/li]
[li]Mathematical Sciences (G)[/li]
[/ul]
If the course JACS code begins with any letter other than (H, I, J, B, C, D, F or G) it does not qualify as a part time exception course.

Thanks
Gerard
Thanks for clearing that up!

Mel
Rach_gee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Gerard,I'm a bit unsure on this, I have a degree in Sports Coaching but I want to do a completely different degree in Archaeology but don't think I can receive funding again? Could you clarify this? I am not sure what the JACS codes are referring to?RegardsRachel
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Rachel,

Apologies about the delay in response. I believe I have responded to you in your own thread. Please check it and let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Nihad
Cwick
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, what if the course is a mix, e.g KH1F? Also known as Architecture and Environmental Engineering.
SFE Holly
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cwick)
Hi there, what if the course is a mix, e.g KH1F? Also known as Architecture and Environmental Engineering.
Hi there,

Please can you confirm which University you would be studying this course at?

Thanks, Holly.
Kozzie77
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Holly,

Just came across this post as I’m also looking at the course code KH1F for Architecture and Environmental Engineering at UWE.
Would this degree be applicable for funding?

Thanks,
Theo
Last edited by Kozzie77; 1 year ago
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kozzie77)
Hi Holly,

Just came across this post as I’m also looking at the course code KH1F for Architecture and Environmental Engineering at UWE.
Would this degree be applicable for funding?

Thanks,
Theo
Hi Theo,

I have checked our database and the above course is not showing as an exception for funding, we only have this showing as a full time course and these courses need to be studied on a part time basis.

Thanks, Erin
Kozzie77
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi Erin

Thanks for your quick response a few months ago. Since then I have been considering another route which is the Building Services Engineering BEng (course code HK10). This is a part time course. Would this be applicable then I presume? If so what funding can I qualify for exactly?

Theo
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Kozzie77)
Hi Erin

Thanks for your quick response a few months ago. Since then I have been considering another route which is the Building Services Engineering BEng (course code HK10). This is a part time course. Would this be applicable then I presume? If so what funding can I qualify for exactly?

Theo
Hi Theo,

I have checked our system and the above course is also not one of our exception courses.

Thanks, Erin
EMSH1986
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello. I am wanted to start a part time course in Osteopathy at the College of Osteopaths. This would be my second degree. The JACS code is B310 (a subject allied to medicine). Would i be eligible for funding?Many Thanks.
Amy SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by EMSH1986)
Hello. I am wanted to start a part time course in Osteopathy at the College of Osteopaths. This would be my second degree. The JACS code is B310 (a subject allied to medicine). Would i be eligible for funding?Many Thanks.
Hi there,

Osteopathy is one of our part time exception courses therefore you will be eligible to receive support for a second qualification.

Thanks, Amy
Mauritius1605
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Amy,Where can I find further details on these exception courses please?ThanksGina
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Mauritius1605)
Amy,Where can I find further details on these exception courses please?ThanksGina
Hi Mauritius,
Below is a list of the Full Time courses exempt from Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) and Previous Study rules:
- Graduate Entry Medical Chiropody
- Dietetics
- Dietetics and Nutrition (Please note that these courses specifically have both dietetics and nutrition in the title. The individual course ‘nutrition’ is not a valid Allied Health Professional course)
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practice (Diplomas and Degrees)
- Orthoptics
- Physiotherapy
- Podiatry
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Radiotherapy
- Speech and Language Therapy/ Dental courses

Part Time
If you already hold an Honours degree or a higher level (HE) qualification, you are able to apply for a Part Time Fee Loan for any one of the exception course below. For students who start a new course from 18/19 onwards, this will mean they can apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan as well as tuition fees.
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- General and Others in Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies
Rafs7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi all, I wanted to know if I would get funding for a second degree. I've applied to start mechanical engineering this academic year and my first degree was nursing which I've finished in 2018. Would type of funding would I get. Thank you for your time.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rafs7)
Hi all, I wanted to know if I would get funding for a second degree. I've applied to start mechanical engineering this academic year and my first degree was nursing which I've finished in 2018. Would type of funding would I get. Thank you for your time.
Hi there, please confirm if this will be full time or part time?
Thanks, Isaac.
Koolkat89
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I realise this is a thread from last year but hopefully someone can help. I have seen a couple of part time degrees in Animal Science and Marine Science they have codes starting with AC are these courses that would fall under one of the Science group of courses that are eligible for funding?Thank youKate
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Koolkat89)
I realise this is a thread from last year but hopefully someone can help. I have seen a couple of part time degrees in Animal Science and Marine Science they have codes starting with AC are these courses that would fall under one of the Science group of courses that are eligible for funding?Thank youKate
Hi there, please provide the exact course and university name.
Thanks, Isaac
Lfranc96
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can you get part time funding for the combined stem at the OU ? I have a completed 1st year and then a partial second year (attempted twice )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (158)
38.44%
Take autumn exams (125)
30.41%
Look for a job (15)
3.65%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.38%
Take a year out (69)
16.79%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.33%

Watched Threads