Going on a date with someone

Watch
cherlloydfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I've met up with this guy last week and we went to pizza express and I'm seeing him again tommorow to go bowling and I think that he likes me but I don't like him in that way he seems like a nice guy but I'm not attracted to him so I don't know what to do
username3978426
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you just tell him early on
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
pretty much what lemon27 said. you rather say now that you like him as a friend rather than breaking his heart later on.
cherlloydfan
Rep:
?
Well I did tell him that I like him as a friend but I just don't wanna sleep with him and he's gonna want that at some point
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Make it clear that you're not attracted to him. If you enjoy his company and would still want to hang out with him in a nonromantic way, tell him that too.

We don't know an awful lot about the situation, so just some general advice: make your feelings known!
confused-cius
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ask him if you can bring a friend along with you to the bowling. That's the most obvious yet indirect way of saying no mate, not gonna happen.
cherlloydfan
Rep:
?
I don't wanna bring a friend I like hanging out with him I just don't wanna sleep with him
confused-cius
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Then tell him 'You're like a brother to me', most people don't wanna sleep with their sibling so it's another obvious yet nice way of saying no.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cherlloydfan)
So I've met up with this guy last week and we went to pizza express and I'm seeing him again tommorow to go bowling and I think that he likes me but I don't like him in that way he seems like a nice guy but I'm not attracted to him so I don't know what to do
You should cut to the chase as soon as possible and when the right moment of time has come just to prevent misunderstandings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise