The Student Room Group

Second Degree Rules on DSA

Hi Student Finance or Anyone that can help

Can you please explain me the 2018/19 rules regarding second degrees? While studying for my first degree i was under DSA and that situation will still remain the same if i go back to study. What i would like to know is if the new rules allow full time courses or only part time and if i will be entitled to maintenance loan. Other query would be if being under DSA if the allowed second degrees have to be only STEM subjects or any other ones?
Thanks in advance
Kind Regards
Hi,

If you’re going to do second degree you would still be eligible to apply for DSA. If you’re planning to go and study full time your previous study would be taken into consideration and may impact the funding you will receive. If you study nursing, midwifery or an Allied health professional course your previous study will not be considered.

If you’re going to study part time as a second degree to be eligible for funding its needs to be a STEM course. Please see below for a list of STEM courses

Engineering (H)

Computer Science (I)

Technologies (J)

Subjects Allied to Medicine (B)

Biological Sciences (C)

Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural & Related Subjects (D)

Physical Sciences (F)

Mathematical Sciences (G)

Thanks
Gerard
Reply 2
Original post by Gerard SFE
Hi,

If you’re going to do second degree you would still be eligible to apply for DSA. If you’re planning to go and study full time your previous study would be taken into consideration and may impact the funding you will receive. If you study nursing, midwifery or an Allied health professional course your previous study will not be considered.

If you’re going to study part time as a second degree to be eligible for funding its needs to be a STEM course. Please see below for a list of STEM courses

Engineering (H)

Computer Science (I)

Technologies (J)

Subjects Allied to Medicine (B)

Biological Sciences (C)

Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural & Related Subjects (D)

Physical Sciences (F)

Mathematical Sciences (G)

Thanks
Gerard

Thank you for your kind reply Gerard.
Could you please let me know what are the full time courses for second degree where i am allowed to apply for both DSA and tuition fees. Would a course with a code starting with CL83 (Sociology with Social Psychology) be allowed as a second degree in full time basis?
Regards.
msgbog
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending