Aiming for As across the pond... (a UK student with US university aspirations) -GYG

Watch this thread
Ginger.Snaps
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Welcome to my GYG 2018-2019!
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
what subjects are you taking? good luck!
Ginger.Snaps
Rep:
#1- déjà vu
Hi everyone :hi: and welcome to my very first GYG. Seen as I’m new to all this I thought it best to begin with a little bit about me...

GCSEs
English Literature 9
English Language 8
Mathematics 9
Biology A
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
History A*
Spanish B
Computing A
R.E B
Citizenship A*
Music A*

If you’ve really been paying attention you may have notice that these grads match the scoring system for exams taken in 2017 only but I am an AS student, weird huh? Not really, I’m simply recycling my AS year, not because my grades were bad or because I didn’t complete the year but simply because I wasn’t enjoying the subjects I was taking.

I began year 12 in Autumn 2017 with Medicine in mind; I chose Biology, Chemistry and Maths. However, as the year progressed and I involved myself in all the medicine-related extracurriculars my college had to offer I realised it wasn’t for me. I had originally hoped to continue my 3 subjects from my first year and apply to another course (I considered Law and PPE if you’re interested) but by the end of the year I was tired and unmotivated. So with the prospect of an A2 year in subjects I no longer enjoyed looming on the horizon, I quit and started all over again.

This year I get the chance to right my wrongs and chose the course that’s really right for me. I’m taking English Literature, History and Maths (at A2) plus EPQ with the option of a one year course in another A Level subject next year.

I’ve finally realised that the best course for me covers a wider range of subjects and my needs are perfectly catered to in the US System I hope you’ll join me and follow my journey as I learn more about applying to the USA, study A Levels and Grow my Grades this year!

See you all soon,

Gingersnaps :fluffy:
Ginger.Snaps
Rep:
(Original post by troubletracking)
what subjects are you taking? good luck!
English Lit, Maths, History and EPQ

Also thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (139)
29.32%
It went fairly well (227)
47.89%
It didn't go too well (69)
14.56%
TERRIBLE! (39)
8.23%

Watched Threads