The Student Room Group

Frebch books?

i recently changed my mind about my uni course (from music to french and japanese), but i found that i didn't have much to put on my personal statement regarding french
are there any french books i could read that arent too hard but still look alright on a personal statement? adding onto this, is there anything i could do in general (to do with french) that would make my personal statement look better?

edit: i just noticed the typo in the title but i dont know if you can change it :/
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Hello! Firstly, it's great that you've made the move to Languages!

In terms of a good personal statement for French - all they want to see is that you're really passionate about the subject. A couple of things you could look at are the typical A level books (Bonjour Tristesse for example), films (Like La Haine, Les intouchables), and just something of French culture which interests you.

Another idea, which is what I did, is if you've got a local primary / secondary school, you could offer to volunteer for like an hour a term there? If you're interested in learning different skills with your french from that. It could make your PS look better, but really as I said, all they want to know is that you're passionate and that you've got an ability to learn languages.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending