The Student Room Group

Try uni course or take gap year??

I am currently on track to start uni in just over a week. However, after second guessing my course and trying to switch, I was told the new course is full and I can't transfer. I then decided I would take a gap year and reapply, however things have been getting stressful at home with family and I don't think I could stay here another year. Now I am thinking I should go start the initial course at uni and if I like it, then I would stay on, if not then switch at the end of the year. The initial course is 4 years and the one i tried transfering to is 3 years, so I would be spending 4 year of tuition even if i stayed on this course. However, I am just worried about the debt as I am taking out the max maintainance loan so that would be around an extra 17k debt on my head. I would just like to know how that extra debt would affect me and what are peoples opinions on what I should do. Right now I beleive there is a good chance I will switch courses after the first year, but that is mainly due to me thinking I wont be cut out for the first course. I guess doing after doing a year on the course, I will be sure on what I want to do (I am very indecisive)
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending