rroopchund
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey! I'm 13 and my team and I have a project where we have to come up with a product that'll "make life easier" and materials would cost less than £5. The sale for the product is max £10. We r aiming to sell our product to young adults/students but other options are families and/or adult designers. Any ideas about what unique product we can make that will save your struggles?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey have popped this into the Design and Technology forum for you
you have such a big pool of resources right there as you are in a team. This is so valuable honestly you really need to utilise this. Go around your group members and do spider diagrams each of the struggles you each face that could be made easier by certain products. Obviously it is going to have to be quite a simple product if your manufacturing costs but providing you design it right that shouldnt be a hindrance.
I would avoid designing for uni students if you can as being 13 you havent got direct experience of that and are unlikely to know uni students (unless you have older siblings). I would go for the young people market or families (as you could ask your family members what issues they have and come up with products to solve those issues) as this is what you have the most experience with.
Hope this helps
rroopchund
Rep:
?
Thanks so much this really helped. I will definitely do spider diagrams and see what issues we all face. Thanks CoolCavy!!

If you by any chance have any issues a family would have or maybe a younger sibling has an issue please feel free to share them with me that would be awesome!! The more issues we get the more options we have. I honestly agree about the fact that we should make a product for families/young people.
rroopchund
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Hey have popped this into the Design and Technology forum for you
you have such a big pool of resources right there as you are in a team. This is so valuable honestly you really need to utilise this. Go around your group members and do spider diagrams each of the struggles you each face that could be made easier by certain products. Obviously it is going to have to be quite a simple product if your manufacturing costs but providing you design it right that shouldnt be a hindrance.
I would avoid designing for uni students if you can as being 13 you havent got direct experience of that and are unlikely to know uni students (unless you have older siblings). I would go for the young people market or families (as you could ask your family members what issues they have and come up with products to solve those issues) as this is what you have the most experience with.
Hope this helps
The spider diagrams actually worked! We each shared an issue of overloading cosmetics scattered everywhere around the house so we are making a unique product that'll solve our issue. A spider diagram is such a good idea I recommend it
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rroopchund)
The spider diagrams actually worked! We each shared an issue of overloading cosmetics scattered everywhere around the house so we are making a unique product that'll solve our issue. A spider diagram is such a good idea I recommend it
Glad it worked your idea sounds awesome, good luck with it :hugs:
rroopchund
Rep:
?
Thanks! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (27)
14.44%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (55)
29.41%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
40.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.37%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.67%

Watched Threads