username4246908
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey so I accidentally submitted a report twice for different modules and just realised. Turnitin didn’t detect anything apparently since I got my results back and the university didn’t let me know there were any issues...? But I am worried that they can revoke my degree, is that possible?
Do universities check for plagiarism after graduating?

Even though it’s technically self plagiarism and I do have the actual report I was suppose to submit? The names of the files were the same when I did submit so I confused them, and I didn’t realise until now... but I a so worried they will ‘suddenly’ find out... do universities check back records?
Purmerend
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StressinNicole)
But I am worried that they can revoke my degree, is that possible?
Do universities check for plagiarism after graduating?
do universities check back records?
1. Universities can revoke degrees but seldom do. This usually happens to high profile people or when there is evidence of widespread cheating.
2. Generally, no. Unless they are given a reason to.
3. See above.
username4246908
Rep:
?
(Original post by Purmerend)
1. Universities can revoke degrees but seldom do. This usually happens to high profile people or when there is evidence of widespread cheating.
2. Generally, no. Unless they are given a reason to.
3. See above.
High profile? In regards to known for heating or high profile in regards to popular?

And thank you!
IQuitTSR
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
nah relax

revoking a degree is very rare PLUS this was an accident right?
Purmerend
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StressinNicole)
High profile? In regards to known for heating or high profile in regards to popular?

And thank you!
High profile as in professors, politicians etc. In the public eye so to speak where it would be frowned upon for them to keep their qualification and probably cause public outcry of some sort.
username4246908
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTroll73)
nah relax

revoking a degree is very rare PLUS this was an accident right?
It was an accident... like I worked my head off for the actual piece and I am mad that I didn’t get marked for that... all those wasted hours.

but I am just worried turnitin will flag it up somehow?
Do you think that’s possible, like could that happen?
username4246908
Rep:
?
(Original post by Purmerend)
High profile as in professors, politicians etc. In the public eye so to speak where it would be frowned upon for them to keep their qualification and probably cause public outcry of some sort.
Okay got it, thank you for your reply!!
Purmerend
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thenutter10)
That is so stupid to take someones degree away from them just because they are controversial.
No it’s not.
Someone cheated their way to a degree which then allowed them to obtain high positions. Positions which people are afforded a lot of trust. If you can’t obtain your degree honestly, why should you be trusted to say, run a government department?

Something like this happened in Germany a few years ago.
Purmerend
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thenutter10)
Ohh right i thought you meant people that got their degree fairly but became hated by society for whatever reason and so got their degree taking off them.
Oh no that’s not reason enough. Honorary degrees can be revoked for stuff like that though as they are usually awarded for doing good things. If you start doing bad things then you’re not in a position to hold the honorary degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.69%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (65)
26.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.03%

Watched Threads